Problems with Firewall, Underworld: Evolution, and Glory Road

vbimport

Hello. I am a new poster to this site and hope I can get my problem resolved. I am having problems ‘backing up’ the 3 above titles. I am trying to copy them two different ways. I have tried using my desktop burner along w/ my laptop burner.

I have AnyDVD v. 6.0.0.4, CloneDVD v. 2.8.9.9 Both of these programs are all I have used in the past and have had none to minimal problems copying dvd’s.

My desktop drive is a Memorex 16x +/- DVD-/+RW. and I have a NEC_something on my laptop.

I am using DVD+R verbatim recordable media.

Ok, now for the problems. On my desktop, the same thing happens w/ all three movies. Whenever it is in the processing stage (copying th data onto my hard drive), the thing freezes @ like 10% or so and I have to reboot my machine. The little light on the DVD drive also goes out which means I know there is nothing going on w/ the drive, its idle.

For my laptop…The movie processes 100% fine onto my hard drive and whenever I go put the blank media in, it says that there is something wrong with the media. I know this isn’t true b/c the media is fine…its worked many times before. ALSO, sometimes, the media WILL record to 100% on any of the given titles above that I am trying. However, when the process is finished, it shows the disk as being empty still!! When I put the disk into a dvd player, it also shows the dvd is being blank…and this is after the recording process shows 100% completed and I eject the media.

Any help w/ this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Lane

hi & welcome to cdfreaks :slight_smile:

i believe with underworld, if you copy the movie only it should work, as it’s one of the extra’s thats giving the problems

have a read through these

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=182539

&

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=182512

@ Lanep82,

Welcome to the Forum.

Suggest reviewing the CD Freaks Forum Rules (http://club.cdfreaks.com/announceme...nouncementid=37) and note the comments concerning Double Posting. You have Double Posted in both the CD Freaks CloneDVD Forum CD Freaks AnyDVD Forums. Double Posting is against the CD Freaks Forum Rules, doesn’t get a reply to your inquiry any quicker, causes confusion and is discourteous to the Forum Member that responds to your inquiry.

Suggest viewing your posting in the CD Freaks CloneDVD Forum titled “Problems with Firewall, Underworld: Evolution, and Glory Road” for my reply to your inquiry.

Best Regards,
bjkg

My apologies. I didn’t know that both of these forums worked together. I won’t post the same topic in both again.

With regards to my problem…I always only copy the movie alone but the same problem keeps happening. Someone said I should try ripping the files onto the HDD using AnyDVD??

1. Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country , and d) release date of the disc that you’re experiencing issues with.

2)Specify a)the brand and b)model number of your optical reader and writer with c)firmware versions for these optical drives. d) Let us know what operating system (version number and service pack, if applicable) you’re using as well.

1. At what speed are you burning your blank media?

2. Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select “status” on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you in your post asking for help.

it says that there is something wrong with the media

1. State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s)

By the way, have you tried using Anydvd ripper (right click the red fox on your system tray and select “rip video-dvd to harddisk”)?

Have you been able to backup any movies–or are you just encountering issues with these discs?

do what people have suggested and if you still have problems esp freezing up
it is your media at fault

Ripping the files to the HDD will solve Firewall I did this movie just now on windows vista and had no problems.

Dr. Who what is your impression from Windows Vista?, is it stable?, User Friendly, Easy to follow and use?. Today MS announced limited bata2 testing for comsumers review which you can either download (4.5GB) or order CD bata2 from MS is that how you got yours from?.

Tcas
you can participate HERE

suggest you have dual boot system

Thanks I have already sent the request to MS since I did the same thing with XP & 98.

I sent you a PM we got off topic here.

All 3 tiltles are archivable using latest AD and your favorite ripper
suggest rip movie only

Doc
1 more OT question
HAve the flash HDD for vistas come out yet?

I PM’d you.