I’ve recently purchased a copy of F.E.A.R. the CD edition. Until now I haven’t really bothered running it without the CD, but switching CDs is starting to piss me off.
Anyways, although I haven’t tried with earlier versions of F.E.A.R. I have confirmed that F.E.A.R. with the latest patch, 1.2, uses a newer version of SecuROM 7 than the previous versions.
[12:17:52 PM] SecuROM 7.00.00.0149 detected -> C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR\FEAR.exe
[12:17:53 PM] — File(s) Scan Finished [0.92s] —
To get to the point, I’d like to briefly outline what I have tried, to get F.E.A.R. running. So far, I have failed miserably.
I have tried Alcoholing the original disk completely, then used Daemon Tools to mount it. Knowing full well that SecuROM was probably going to complain about Daemon Tools, I’ve tried two different virtual disk “hiding” programs but to no avail: SR7 Stop, and Virtual-CD-Hider.
At this point I will probably just have to play with the original CD in the drive and wait for some sortof no cd crack for 1.2. However, as a legitimate owner, I’d prefer a better solution.
If anyone has had similar problems with this version of SecuROM 7 and F.E.A.R. or success stories please share them.