Problems with DVR-111D

vbimport

Hi!

Well, I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D and I cannot record CD nor DVD using programs like Nero, CDBurnerXP Pro, ImgBurn or Burn4Free…

The peculiar thing is that I can record only CD using native burner of Windows (that unfortunately does not record DVD).

The problem is that burn is stopped near 10% and 20%, and along with, Windows, reason why I must irremediably reinitiate.

Some idea, please! T_T

If more information is needed, tell me.

Recently I updated firmware to 1.29.

bye!

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

A good start could be checking if DMA is enabled (see link in my signature). Then, you could try to get a new IDE cable (better a 80 wires cable; some users complained that pioneer burners are a bit picky with cables, and anyway a 80 wire cable will not hurt at all).

Another cause could be a very low quality disc, so the burn is stopped because the disc is not more writable.

Another test could be disabling the CD writing feature embedded in Windows to see if this can cause some conflicts with other burning softwares.

Do you have some packet writing software like InCD installed on your computer? If yes, I suggest to uninstall it because very often these softwares give a lot of problems.

An 80wire cable is really essential for the Pio 111D to work properly and it must run in Ultra DMA mode 4.

A good start could be checking if DMA is enabled

The DMA is enabled.

Another cause could be a very low quality disc, so the burn is stopped because the disc is not more writable.

I have used Verbatim and some discs and do not work.

Another test could be disabling the CD writing feature embedded in Windows to see if this can cause some conflicts with other burning softwares.

Ok. I am going to see that…

Do you have some packet writing software like InCD installed on your computer?

Um… no.

Then, you could try to get a new IDE cable

An 80wire cable is really essential for the Pio 111D to work properly and it must run in Ultra DMA mode 4.

I will see how obtain one.

Thanks por the help! :slight_smile:

byes!

[B]EDIT: [/B]How I can know if I have that cable?

Sorry by the double-posting.

I proved Windows 2000 yesterday, and everything followed equal with the recorder, but this time I could take one screenshot:

Click Here to see Image

The nero in that image this in Spanish, but good, which matters are the numeric data, thus it is as the Nero remains all along.

Ah! By the way, when he initiates the PC, in a part he says UDMA 6 and you said something of Ultra DMA 4… is possible that that has something to see?

A last question, how I can know if I already have a 80wire-cable?

Take a look here: there are explanatory pictures about differences between 40- and 80-wires IDE cables :slight_smile:

I thought this forum is related to DVD recorders as stand alone use in “Entertainment System” not conputer ones.

Of course it is but nobody has PM’d a mod to get it moved.

Well, I’m back…

I have a IDE 80wire cable, nevertheless I follow without recording CD’s nor DVD’s either…

The problem is killing me.

I have read that are problems with ANY recorder using MSI 649 Neo-V motherboard…

Please, some ideas? x___x

Thanks!