Problems with DVDFab and PowerDVD 9

i ripped my old copy of The Matrix to my hard drive with DVDFab and was able to easily play it with PowerDVD just by locating the folder on my hard drive that my folder was in.

But when i loaded the already put the DVD of the Matix back into my computer and started PowerDVD 9 to test if i can still play the original disc it wont play, it acts as if there is no data on the disc.

But when i go to My Computer and hit Explore on the DVD i see that all the files are there and perfectly fine.

Furtheremore when i start up DVDFab it tries to read the DVD but it says it cant and asks me to retry.

What the weird thing is that when i start up Windows Media Player, it runs the DVD just fine.

Whats going on?

Thread moved to the Fab Forum from Gen Software.:wink:

[QUOTE=um0123;2416517]But when i loaded the already put the DVD of the Matix back into my computer and started PowerDVD 9 to test if i can still play the original disc it wont play, it acts as if there is no data on the disc.[/QUOTE]

I think you need to select the tab at the very bottom left corner of powerDVD9 to select source and make sure while PDVD9 is open DVDFab is not because they may be both trying to access the same drive and that will not work. run one program at a time.

there is also another tab at the bottom of PDVD beside the little wrench and screwdriver icon (left side) that when you scroll over it says “display more functions” click that and try to start playback if the play button does not work. (use the arrow tabs)
(ran across a Blu-Ray that would not start playback unless i used that method so maybe some dvd’s are the same way.

i dont have them both open at the same time, and i did select the correct source on PowerDVD

[QUOTE=um0123;2416517]i ripped my old copy of The Matrix to my hard drive with DVDFab and was able to easily play it with PowerDVD just by locating the folder on my hard drive that my folder was in.

But when i loaded the already put the DVD of the Matix back into my computer and started PowerDVD 9 to test if i can still play the original disc it wont play, it acts as if there is no data on the disc.

But when i go to My Computer and hit Explore on the DVD i see that all the files are there and perfectly fine.

Furtheremore when i start up DVDFab it tries to read the DVD but it says it cant and asks me to retry.

What the weird thing is that when i start up Windows Media Player, it runs the DVD just fine.

Whats going on?[/QUOTE]

It looks like this is more of a Cyberlink Power DVD issue, than a DVDFab one.

Suggest you Google “Cyberlink Forum”, and several forums will be shown that deal with issues like this for that software.

You’ll probably get a faster and better answer from them, rather than us.

Re the DVDFab portion of the question - does a reboot of the system clear up the problem with Fab being able to read the disk?

OC

:slight_smile: