Problems with DVD+R Reading from a NEC 2510A

vbimport

Hi, I have a NEC 2510A and have been reading these forums for a solution but I’m really confused about what to do.

I’m trying to view my backup DVD’s on an XBOX with a Samsung drive (which should read most burnt DVD’s). After I copy the disc I am unable to view the copy on any player besides my laptop. I have tried a tool called DVDPlusTool to change the booktype to DVD-ROM which I guess is what I need to do from what I’ve read to get them to play. However the program does not work correctly with my burner.

Is there a firmware or program that I can use for a Mac that will remedy my problem.

P.S. I’m using Memorex DVD+R 4X and I know that the XBOX will read DVD+R because I had a friend at school copy a disc for me but on a PC with a different burner - so I know the problem isn’t my XBOX (the DVD’s were the same as well).

If I’ve left anything out please let me know, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I’m using Memorex DVD+R 4X
Could be the problem. One week memorex work the next they dont. Memorex is a mixed bag, they use many different manufacturers, so you dont really know what your getting. Use DVD Identifier from this site (search it) to see what DVD+R’s you really have. But anyways try a different brand a reputable one such as Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, TDK etc… extra cash is usually well worth it with media.