Problems with DVD Fab and PSP MPEG4 conversions

vbimport

Hello All,

My name is Jerry (Pop). I have just upgraded from DVD Fab Gold to DVD Fab Platinum. I was trying to copy a DVD that I own and have purchased to be played on my PSP. The conversion went find no problems at all. When I went to upload it to my PSP all went well but the play back of the MPG4 file which was converted by DVD Fab Platinum. I get an unsupported data error. I read Google and it says get a program called PSP Video 9 which I did and it took the MPG4 file that I just converted with DVD Fab Platinum and all went well even the play back of the movie. My concern here is why can’t this be accomplished by DVD Fab Platinum. Your looking at around 3 hour conversion with DVD Fab Platinum and then another 3 hour conversion with PSP Video 9. Is this the nature of the beast? :sad:

Thanks Jerry (Pop)

Moved to the DVD Fab forum.

I posted a new thread regarding this same problem with DVDFab 4.1.0.2- DVD conversion to mpeg4 for ipod. There must be a problem with the new files not being compatible for ipod & psp. There is also another thread from this week. Now if you downgrade to 4.0.6.2, the files transfer and play fine. I am hoping for a response soon.

Where would I find version 4.0.6.2? Did a Google search and came up empty handed!

[QUOTE=jfairfie;2018793]Where would I find version 4.0.6.2? Did a Google search and came up empty handed![/QUOTE]

On DVDFab.com… Sorry… 4.1.0.2 latest version

[QUOTE=jfairfie;2018793]Where would I find [B]version 4.0.6.2[/B]? Did a Google search and came up empty handed![/QUOTE]

In my DVDFab archive :bigsmile:

SJ… You in SMA mode again today?

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2018817]SJ… You in SMA mode again today?[/QUOTE]

Oh !!!..no sir not little old me
just letting the person know that if he wants it I have it…being nice :stuck_out_tongue: in a SMA way

I’m not being a SMA is any way. I was just asking for help and I thought that’s what forums were for. As for finding DVD Fab Platinum in your archive? Hum I could not find it!

[QUOTE=jfairfie;2019190]I’m not being a SMA is any way. I was just asking for help and I thought that’s what forums were for. As for finding DVD Fab Platinum in your archive? Hum I could not find it![/QUOTE]

If you need past version of DVDFab Platinum I have them stored on my computer,…if you send me a PM with your email address and tell me which verion you want I will send it to you.
Please note …if you have Outlook Express set to not alow attachment to be saved or opened…you will have to change this settings to recieve it

[B]jfairfie[/B]
It has been sent to your email address you provided
Good Luck my friend :cool:

I have tried both version of DVD Platinum as for converting a DVD to PSP. The conversion goes smooth, the upload goes smooth the play back fails to play because it is non supported data. Still have to use PSP Video 9 to make it work. Something is not right here!

[QUOTE=jfairfie;2019355]I have tried both version of DVD Platinum as for converting a DVD to PSP. The conversion goes smooth, the upload goes smooth the play back fails to play because it is non supported data. Still have to use PSP Video 9 to make it work. Something is not right here![/QUOTE]

Before you installed version 4.0.6.2 that I sent you did you do a clean unintall using the steps in my signature :confused:

I installed it on a totally different computer just to be on the safe side. So a clean uninstall was not necessary

[QUOTE=jfairfie;2019391]I installed it on a totally different computer just to be on the safe side. So a clean uninstall was not necessary[/QUOTE]

I can send you a different version if you know which version worked last :cool:

The only version I have ever had was 4.1.0.2. I just upgraded from DVD Fab Gold to DVD Fab Platinum to be able to copy DVD’s to my PSP. Guess that was a bad call on my part.

[QUOTE=jfairfie;2019396]The only version I have ever had was 4.1.0.2. I just upgraded from DVD Fab Gold to DVD Fab Platinum to be able to copy DVD’s to my PSP. Guess that was a bad call on my part.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad call my friend …just bad timming like I said before I always have used a different program to convert to PSP because same profiles are being used for other mobile devices.

If I knew which version the last I would gladly send it to you

Okay! Thanks for all your help! I’ll try and find a program that will convert my DVD’s to PSP. Just don’t seem like I should have to do this twice or your two different programs to be able to convert a DVD to PSP.

I rolled back to 4.0.6.5 for this very reason, works great on FW 3.30+ at any resolution including 720X480 on the PSP.

[QUOTE=90312;2019429]I rolled back to 4.0.6.5 for this very reason, works great on FW 3.30+ at any resolution including 720X480 on the PSP.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info

@jfairfie
if you want I can send version 4.0.6.5 to you