Problems with Double Layer Ridata Dvd and 3500ag?

vbimport

Hi Everyone,

I have a NEC 3500ag burner, and just bought some Ridata DVD+R DL 8.5gb 2.4x media. I had firmware 2.17 from the NEC site, and when trying to burn using Nero 6.6.0.3, I was getting an error before the burn process even started. The error was something like failed Disc-at-once.

So, I flashed the drive to the newer 2.18 firmware from NEC. The burn process started as it should have. I THOUGHT everything was ok, up until the process nearly finished at 100% then I got an error :

Session fixation error
Could not perform end of Disc-at-once
Burn process failed at 2.4x (3,324 KB/s)

I have successfully burned using Verbatim DVD+R DL discs with no problem. But I found the Ridata for a little cheaper and have read pretty good things about Ridata. I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my situation, and give me some idea how to fix this?!

Thanks!

Rob

The Ritek DL media is not very good, but the 3500 should be able to burn it. Try using DVDDecryptor to burn ISO.

Hi!

Me too had problems with some PLATINUM branded RITEK D01 discs. I used official firmware 2.18 and the burning process itself gave no errors (DVDDecrypter), but the discs weren’t readable afterwards.

So I’d better leave those RiData DL discs where they are and spend a little more for Verbatims, they’ve never been causing any trouble for me so far.