Problems with data capacity Ritek 2x media

I’ve just bought a spindle of ritek 2x dvd-r media. When I try to burn a ripped dvd-movie the dvd’s keep crashing. After trying several speeds and programs I noticed they chrashed when writing the lead-out track.

Reason, the disc is simply out of space.

Burning the same file to 3 different types of media works without a problem (Sony DVD+RW, Imation DVD-RW, and Princo DVD-R 4x)

The file I’m trying to burn is 4472 MB (standard size of dvd2one).
I burned with Recordmax Now, which first checks if there is enough space on the disc. The program says the disc has still 16 MB free. However burning will fail every time.
When I resize the file to 4200 MB I can burn it without a problem.
Strange thing is the disc still work in my pc without a completed leadout-track, but fail miserably in my stand-alone player.

Has anyone had similar experiances, and has a suggested setting for the maximum file sizes?
Does anyone know the average lead-out track space needed for a dvd-r?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Use better media if you want to burn beyond 4400 MB.

The disc is not out of space; you can burn e.g. Maxell up to 4489 MB without problems. You just get that error because the disc quality deteriorates outside, so that the drive finally fails to burn

Well unable to write beyond a specified data size because the rest of the disc isn’t good enough to write on, really is the same to me as running out of disc space, but you’re probably right on that.

I did some additional tests and I can only burn up to about 4300 MB.

But if what you’re saying is the real problem, then you’re also saying that it might differ from disc to disc.

Is that a correct assumption on my side.

But if what you’re saying is the real problem, then you’re also saying that it might differ from disc to disc.

Is that a correct assumption on my side.
Yes

I’ll probably will lower the size of the files a bit then to avoid further coasters.

Thanks for the info.