Problems with concert dvds

vbimport

Dont knowif any one has had he same problems im getting with concert dvds tried doing queen live at wembley and the freddie mercurey tribute concert and ac dc stiff uper lip each one ive done seems very blocky all over disc dropeed the dts sound as well so only 2 channel still like any one else having same probs ???

Nope , I just recently did Tom Jones Live @ Cardiff Castle , Queen the Greatest Video Hits 1 , Elvis in Hollywood , Elvis on Tour , Elvis - This is Elvis , Frans Bauer - Live in Ahoy 1998 , Frans Bauer - Live in Ahoy 1999 , Frans Bauer - Live in Ahoy 2001.

All without any problem , no pulsating , no blockyness.
1 : Might be a media issue , so what media do you use ?
2 : Might be your DVD player , so what kind of dvd player do you use ?
3 : Check it in PowerDVD and see if it’s the same.

Piece of advice , always check the quality with PowerDVD before burning , if it plays fine with PowerDVD , it most likely also will on your standalone dvd player.

DVDCopyBoy, How can you copy a DVD that doesn’t exist? To my knowledge Elvis On Tour, and This Is Elvis have never been released on DVD, at least not officially.

CG

Carlos Garcia wrote:

DVDCopyBoy, How can you copy a DVD that doesn’t exist? To my knowledge Elvis On Tour, and This Is Elvis have never been released on DVD, at least not officially.

It’s a big DVD world, with many strange things going on , because of the movie companies’ stubborness with Regions.
I can’t speak for Elvis’s DVDs, but my wife is on her way home (Athens, Greece) from Amsterdam, Holland, with a DVD set called “Taken” by S. Spielberg.
Now, officially, that’s due out October 2003. (Amazon Future Price $89, Dutch Today price 77Euros)
Maybe during the trip she experienced a time shift? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Apart from joking, it has happened before that DVDs are issued for one region, while they are late or never issued on others.
Examples:
(I’m talking official companies’ releases, NOT bootlegs)
“Journey of the Unicorn”, released in Greece, in NTSC format (!!!) but officially, it does NOT exist.
The Stargate Series DVDs, are first out in Europe, and a LOT later in the States, except for the first season, where the opposite happened (Don’t ask me why).
“The Final Countdown” out in Europe a looong time ago, still not released in the States
etc, etc…
Could that be the case?

Originally posted by Carlos Garcia
CG

Not officially is the right term , ever heard of a vhs to dvd copy (quality whill be permanent) , that’s for Elvis on Tour & Elvis - This is Elvis