Problems with cd speed 1.02

vbimport

hi

i just d/l the new version of nero (5.5.10.15a) and included as always was nero cd speed (1.02).

i launched nero cd speed, inserted a blank cd into my mitsumi 48AXTE and it wasnt recognized at all…when i tried to use disc info, it was blank nothing!!!

i put a written data cd into the same drive, chose cd quality test and it caused my windows XP to hang completely!!! (very hard to do!!! had to do a reboot!)

i d/l an older version of cd speed 1.03 and now the blank cd will be recognized but disc info says nothing as well…the cd quality test also causes my system to hang again!

i will try to revert back to nero 5.5.9.17 as everything was working fine…

my other cd drives work well (sony dvd-rom and atapi cdrom)

anybody have any ideas???

I am experiencing this exact same problem since Nero 5.5.10.7

The cdrom drive I am using is Liteon 48246S.

Hopefully ahead will fix it in their next version.

hrmmm… scratch my previous post.

After further testing, the problem turned out to be Alcohol 120%. Even though I had unticked the “hide cdr-media” option, it was blocking ATIP info for some reason. I uninstalled it and now Nero cd speed reads the disc info fine.

So try uninstalling Alcohol and make sure that any other cd cloning programs (e.g. clonecd) are not blocking atip info.

im having the same problem… using nero 5.5.10.15 and Alcohol 120% 1.4.2.308. i know that clonecd is ok to use with nero.

somebody should look into this matter…

It’s not a “problem”. Alcohol installe with “hide CD info” enabled by default. you just have to turn that off in alcohol.

thanks rdgrimes.

thanks 4 your replies.

<"i launched nero cd speed, inserted a blank cd into my mitsumi <48AXTE and it wasnt recognized at all…when i tried to use disc <info, it was blank nothing!!! "

in regards to the above, the problem was clonecd “hide cd-r media” option as the others have described.

however

<when i put a written data cd into the same drive (cd -recorder), <chose cd quality test and <it caused my windows XP to hang <completely!!! (very hard to do!!! had to do a reboot!)

this i still cannot explain. my other 2 drives (sony dvd and atapi cdrom) do not hang with the cd quality test. just my cd-r. any ideas??with older versions of nero it didnt crash

thanks!