Problems with Call of duty and patch 1.3

vbimport

I succeeded in making a working backup copy of my original Call of Duty game. Unfortunately shortly after that, I installed the latest 1.3 patch to fix some bugs and the backup copy now doesn’t work anymore. When I launch the game I get an error message reading I must insert the correct cd to play the game, although the cd is already inserted in the drive. :frowning: I think the 1.3 patch is to blame for this mess. Maybe it modified the game copy protection or something like that. Any suggestions to fix the problem? :confused: Thanks :slight_smile: (I don’t think my backup copy is a coaster because it worked flawlessly before installing 1.3 patch)

Scan the exe and report the exact version of safedisc.

My brother has the original game and reported the same problem.
I assume it’s definitly the 1.3 patch that is to blame.

A-ray reports it to be SD3.15.011

Andareed, Clony XXL 2.0.1.5 reports it’s Safedisc v.2.9 (I mean the protection detected on the cd rom). Unfortunately, when I try scanning the installation folder (where the .exe file is) it seems Clony can’t detect any copy protection (that’s very odd).

I didn’t try A-ray, but I think merther 02 maybe is right, it should be Safedisc 3.15.011.

Gabek, me too I think it’s definitely the 1.3 patch.

ClonyXXL is not updated anymore so the maximum protection for SafeDisc it can detect is upto v.2.9. Any above that is still detected as V.29.

You can try safedisc analyzer.

Safedisc Analyzer

Thank you very much xtacydima. I’ll try safe disc analyzer. I’ll post the results as soon as I get them.

$CyBeRwIz$, I didn’t know Clony xxl wasn’t updated anymore, that’s too bad. IMHO it was really a very good copy protection analyzer.

What about A-Ray scanner ? www.aray-software.com

Originally posted by snowflake
$CyBeRwIz$, I didn’t know Clony xxl wasn’t updated anymore, that’s too bad. IMHO it was really a very good copy protection analyzer.

It is good, for older games, but other scanners do the job just as good, maybe even better.

SafeDisc Analyser, like Xtacydima detects all versions to this present day.

So does ProtectionID.

A-Ray, as R!Co mentioned, also detects most things, including the new Tages. It can do a CD and a file scan.

Other one that is worth mentioning is YaPS. I still find myself using that often.

Good luck:)

P.S The new Tages cannot be detected with ClonyXXL either.

Sorry boys, I was away from home during last week end so I couldn’t post.
Anyway, here we go! Safedisc analyzer reports it’s safedisc 3.10.20 version.
That’s odd. Do you know why (as merther02 posted), A-ray reports it’s safedisc 3.15.011? :confused:

I got my sd3.15 from aray???

Maybe SD anyalser hasnt been updated yet??

No, Safedisc Analyser still works fine, even for the latest Safedisc version (3.20.022).
Call Of Duty ‘Retail’ is protected with SD 3.10.020, but the 1.3 patch updated the SD version to 3.15.011 :wink:

Whoooppsss! Sorry. Bee, you’re right. I reinstalled CoD from my backup copy and in order to make it work I didn’t install the 1.3 patch. So it’s of course SD 3.10.20.
Is it possible installing the 1.3 patch and making the backup copy work although the 1.3 patch updates the copy protection or I must give up and play the game in its original retail release only?

my backup still works fine even with 1.3 installed, but it needs emulation.
1.4 will probably be the biggest challenge, as i think this is their last patch.

Originally posted by merther02
my backup still works fine even with 1.3 installed, but it needs emulation.
1.4 will probably be the biggest challenge, as i think this is their last patch.

If it needs emulation, then it doesn’t work.

PATCH 1.4 IS NOW OUT! YAY!

ok, im getting my hands on it, ill b the first to post results!:bigsmile:

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
If it needs emulation, then it doesn’t work.

my orginal copy needed emu.:o

Ok,
Ive installed CoD 1.4, now my backup doesnt work. Ran a scan over the directory, it comes up SD3.15.011

I belive thats the same version as last time.:confused: