Problems with Burnt CD’s

vbimport

Hey Guys,
I don’t know if you can help me. I’ve been frustrated lately cause some of the CD’s I’ve been burning have been skipping on my CD player in my truck. Some of the CD’s are OK until they get to a certain track (let’s say from 15 on) and then they still play OK unless you try to go past those tracks manually. If you do they just don’t play anything. Go back to track 14 and don’t advance manually and they go through the rest of them without a problem. Some of them play fine until they get to a certain part of a particular song and then they just skip (kinda like bounce) without progressing until I manually go to the next track, then the rest of the CD is ok. The most frustrating one of all just happened to me today (and that’s why I’m telling you guys). I burnt a CD about a week ago and have played it about 20 times and today it started to skip/bounce in the middle of a song near the end of the CD (again I have to go past it manually). Now I’ll admit that when I have any of these problems they’re consistent (occur in the same place). I’ve given these CD’s to my wife to play in her vehicle and most of them have played without a problem, others have skipped just like they did for me. I just bought a CD cleaner and used it, but it didn’t change anything. The CD’s I’ve been burning were Fuji’s and a couple were Imation’s. This has only been happening to the CD’s I’ve been burning lately, earlier CD’s (mostly Memorex) don’t seem to be a problem. Have any of you had similar problems? And if so is it a bad batch of CD’s, My Burner, or my CD player in my truck? Sorry for such a long question but this whole thing has gotten to me. Hope you guys can help.
Thanks & God Bless
Uncle Bob

Please help us first. tell us this:

What brand media you are using
What speed you are burning at
What brand burner you have and how fast it is etc
What program you use
what type of cd player is in your car/how old it is/ how cheap it is?

also download cdr identifier. search for it with google and download. It will help greatly. it can tell what company ACTUALLY made your blank disc. If you did not know, the brand on the disc is almost never the manufacturer who actually made it. manufacturers quality varies hugely depending on who made it. eg, imation is made by CMC magnetics, they are one of the worst cdr manufacturers.

A well defined problem is half the answer;)

CD Pirate & anyone else who is trying to help,
I’m not to computer literate, but as best as I can figure below is what you asked and the best answers I could come up with. I hope it helps and thanks for trying.
Uncle Bob

Please help us first. tell us this:

What brand media you are using –Imation was one, Fuji (audio & all purpose), and Memorex (which I haven’t had any real trouble with

What speed you are burning at - 48X (7,200KB/s)

What brand burner you have and how fast it is etc - ATAPI CD-RW 52X24X52

What program you use - Nero 5 Burning Rom

what type of cd player is in your car/how old it is/ how cheap it is? – It’s a Kenwood, about 3yrs. Old and a pretty decent quality and price

Originally posted by UncleB

some of the CD’s I’ve been burning have been skipping on my CD player in my truck.
Hi UncleB,

IMO, this stuff can come handy for you > playing CDR in car stereo