Problems with burning

Software I have: CloneDVD and Anydvd

DVD Burner: Liteon SOHW 1693S

Media Used: Maxell DVD-R

The problems I am having are. CloneDVD reads the original DVD and copies the DVD and goes through its thing like the movie is copied but it does not copy at all. I keep trying to writing the movie again and it does it 2 or three times and waste those DVDs and then maybe the 3rd or 4th it will actually write the dvd. Can anyone help me please?

Thank you

@ missdee60,

To prevent any confusion state the Version Number of AnyDVD – CloneDVD that you are currently using.

First CloneDVD “Reads” the Data that is contained on a DVD. Then CloneDVD “Copies” the Data to your Hard Drive. Then CloneDVD “Burns” the Data to blank DVD Media.

From your above initial posting it is difficult to understand if you have a “Reading” data, “Copying” data or “Burning” data problem. Using my definition of the CloneDVD process explain in detail exactly what is occurring.

If you are receiving any Error Code or Error Notification provide the exact complete Error Code or Error Notification you might be receiving.

Regards,
bjkg

missdee60,
Sounds, to me, like those Maxell DVD-R blanks are flaking out when CloneDVD and your DVD Writer tries to burn to them. Use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden brand media … Maxel is not reliable media but many people buy them because they are convieniently available in walk in stores.

Whisperer

I load the downloads for AnyDVD and CloneDVD as soon as I get them. AnyDVD 6.1.3.0 and CloneDVD 2.9.0.3.

Clone DVD reads the dvd and writes the dvd but when I play the dvd it does not show that clone dvd copied it.

I have used Maxell and Hewit Packard and now using TDK but have had the same problem with all three media. I had understood Verbatim was lowest quality but Taiyo is best quality if made in Japan. Can not afford the Taiyo because of copying so much.

I load the downloads for AnyDVD and CloneDVD as soon as I get them. AnyDVD 6.1.3.0 and CloneDVD 2.9.0.3.

Clone DVD reads the dvd and writes the dvd but when I play the dvd it does not show that clone dvd copied it.

I have used Maxell and Hewit Packard and now using TDK but have had the same problem with all three media. I had understood Verbatim was lowest quality but Taiyo is best quality if made in Japan. Can not afford the Taiyo because of copying so much.

I am not getting any error codes. It just shows that it copied okay.

I am not getting any error codes. Just shows like it copied the movie okay. And it is not on any one particular movie it does this.

Verbatims are a good choice too as I use this for all my backups. And from what I heard starting this Sunday Best Buy is having these on sale for 12.99 for a 50 pack that is a great deal and they are 16X too. Also your choice -R’s or +R’s.

@ missdee60,

You are misinformed concerning Verbatim Media. Verbatim Media is proven quality error free Media. You only get what you play for. Using cheap problematic DVD Media only causes problems and does not provide quality error free results.

Buying Taiyo Yuden Media on line is not any more expensive than buying the cheap problematic Media from a Retail Store. Suggest checking out Rima.Com (http://rima.com) and note the price of their Taiyo Yuden Media.

It appears that you are not using the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software combination correctly and are not selecting the correct Title Sets when using CloneDVD.

Below are a couple of AnyDVD-CloneDVD User Guides that provides detailed information on correct use of AnyDVD-CloneDVD software combination.

http://www.ultimate-dvdr.com/clonedvd2/713-clonedvd2-intro-guide-vista-update.html

http://www.ultimate-dvdr.com/anydvd/903-anydvd-intro-guide-vista-update.html

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=72022

Regards,
bjkg