Problems with burning movies on DVDs

Recently, I’ve copied and burned a movie on a DVD. Everything went fine during the copying/burning but when I watch the movie on my television and on my PC, the images keep freezing. Can any one help me out?

I used DVD Shrink 3.2 & DVD Decrypter.
I saved the files as ISO.
The DVDs I used are Imation DVD - R 16x, 4.7GB
The DVD burner is installed inside my DVD player and is about one year old.

I am new at copying and burning DVDs so I’m most probably doing something wrong so any help would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=zouzi;2222270]
The DVDs I used are Imation DVD - R 16x, 4.7GB
[/QUOTE]

Probably this is the cause. At which speed did you burn that disc? Can you try again with a better quality disc (imation is not exactly the very best)? I suggest Verbatim :slight_smile:

Issue is typically media related. Caused by a cheap/low quality media or a media not supported by your player. Can sometimes be resolved by burning at a slower speed in case of poor compatibility with your burner.

Recommended (as noted above) to use a quality media such as Verbatim or Taio Yuden.

Can’t remember which speed I used to burn my DVD but will try again as soon as I purchase Verbatim DVDs.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

If you will get Verbatim 16x discs, I suggest to burn them at 12x or 8x (these are the speeds that gives most of times best results).

LIke the previous fella said, your Imation media is pretty much junk. About the only retail media worth a darn is Sony or Verbatim. Anything else is a crap shoot as they all farm their media production out to sub-contractors. The best media I know of is Taiyo-Yuden. You will have to look on-line to find it though.

Also, when burning, be sure to not exceed the rated speed of the media, even if the drive wants to burn it faster. A good ballpark to stay in is 1/2 the rated speed of your drive (8x on a 16x drive) making sure to not exceed the rated speed of your blank media.

That should get you going.

One place in Australia that sells Taiyo Yuden discs that I know is Intact Media.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Angie

try burning them using (dvdflick) a free program that will normally work on any stand alone player…

For burning, I’d only recommend ImgBurn (free).

Imgburn is built into dvdflick so you get the two free programs together.

Hi
Does Imgburn/dvd flick work the same way as 1clcikcopydvd pro please?

[QUOTE=angie.j;2225457]Hi
Does Imgburn/dvd flick work the same way as 1clcikcopydvd pro please?[/QUOTE]

DVDFlick is a program used to create a DVD from various input files. They can be avi, mpg, flv, mov, etc. It does not copy DVD’s.

[quote=angie.j;2225457]Hi
Does Imgburn/dvd flick work the same way as 1clcikcopydvd pro please?[/quote]
dvdflick will change a data file by converting the picture then converting the sound and then combining them together ,so if a film is slighty out of sync with the sound it will correct them, it will then burn to disk using Imgburn…

So, please, could dvdflick maybe put together my odd bod pieces of videos and pics that I have on my Vista PC into some semblance of a dvd movie burnt to a disc??

videos yes, pics are different.

Hi also related to avi to iso, why would it be that when all is done the newly created DVD seams to be only half of the previous no problems what so ever avi file? Programs used. Avi2dvd and DVD Decrypter speed x8 size of disc 4.7 must admit no name brand…

[QUOTE=duncan30c;2225553]dvdflick will change a data file by converting the picture then converting the sound and then combining them together ,[B]so if a film is slighty out of sync with the sound it will correct them[/B], it will then burn to disk using Imgburn…[/QUOTE]
Huh? No it won’t. If you have an out of sync source, DVD Flick will give you an out of sync DVD.