Problems with burning/detecting with TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1612

vbimport

Hey all, I’m in a bit of a predicament. I hope I can get a quick response.

See, I’ve been working on this school project for a long time, a video project–but instead–I’m doing an animation. As such, I’ve drawn and scanned every frame, and put it all together to work on Macromedia Flash Professional 8–exported as a .avi-- and it seems to be going fine. Now, the problem is, I can’t play it just as a CD and file on my teacher’s comp. I have to get it into a format for the TV, so either–a cassette, or a DVD.

The problem is, I think my TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1612 can’t even burn DVDs. I’m pretty much a newbie when it comes to deep technical things on the computer (though I -am- computer literate). I’ve tried DeepBurner and CDBurnerXP Pro 3 to burn it onto a DVD, and so I can check it on my own DVD player to see if it works–the problem is, CDBurnerXP Pro 3 doesn’t even detect my DVD drive. DeepBurner does, but the Burn and Erase options are grayed out–so I assume that my DVD drive is a bit funked up, and can’t burn or be detected–though it can play DVDs fine. I downloaded Nero InfoTool, and it only detects my CD drive: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B. Doesn’t even detect TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1612.

The big problem is–this is due on Tuesday! So, I’m sort of crushed for time and not sure what to do… anybody have a master plan to save me? :confused:

The 1612 does not write discs.

As you have a CD writer, you could create a video cd or a super video cd that will be playable in most dvd players. You’ll need to use nerovision for this to convert the .avi file into the appropriate format.

Alternatively, you could find someone with an external dvd burner and borrow this to burn your dvd.

That’s right, it is a [B]DVD-ROM[/B].