Problems with burned DVDs

Hi, lots of newb questions. I have a TSST Corp CD/DVDW TS-H652D ATA Burner. I use DVD Shrink 3.2 to rip to my hard drive and HT Fireman 1.4 to burn. I am using Memorex DVD+R blanks, which I now know to be crap…but I burned 5 DVDs successfully the first time I tried. They all worked in my DVD player. Now, with nothing changed, I have tried 10 more discs and all of them are coasters I cannot get them to play on my DVD player, just on my computer. Any help is appreciated…

I am not familiar with your drive or the burning program, does it support bitsetting? I always suggest ImgBurn for burning & if your drive supports it you can set the booktype for the Dvd+R to Dvd-Rom. What is your firmware version & also what speed do you burn at? Also what is the rated speed of the discs?

I am not sure of my firmware version, nor of where to look for it. I have tried burning at all speeds from 2x through 16x, which is the rated speed of the disk

Download ImgBurn & install. When it is installed, insert a blank disc in to your drive tray & copy & paste the info that appears in the right hand window in to a reply post.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Here is the info:

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652D GA01 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 2,295,104
Free Space: 4,700,372,992 bytes
Free Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: RICOHJPN-R03-04
Book Type: DVD+R
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: RICOHJPN-R03-04
Book Type: DVD+R
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

I would like you to relaunch ImgBurn & insert your Dvd+R blank in again, in the bottom right hand corner there is what looks like a little book, click it, Click Samsung, Click the arrow at the end of Please Select & you will get a drop down menu, Click Drive for Dvd+R Media, Click arrow at the end of Please Select & you will get another drop down menu, click DVD-ROM & then click Change, you should get Success & click OK out. Post back success or not. BTW, do you save as an ISO or Hard Disc Folder with Dvd Shrink?

I am not sure if they save as ISO or hard disk folders…in the main My Computer window, they are labeled as File Folder under the Type column, but in the actual folder they show up as BUP, IFO, and VOB files…the burn was not successful, here is the message I get when I attemp to burn with the instructions you gave in the previous post:

ISO Write mode is for burning disc images, not VIDEO_TS files.

Switch to ISO Build Mode, add your VIDEO_TS folder to the list and then create an image.

Right now you are saving them as a Hard Disc Folder in Dvd Shrink, you would have to follow the guide for using Build Mode.

A suggestion for the future would be that when you click backup in Dvd Shrink, set your Target as ISO Image File & then burn using ISO Write Mode with ImgBurn.

:bow: worked like a charm, thanks for all your help

You are welcome, just glad you got it done.

Yes, I had problems burning too. The START button won’t work. What a piece of crap this software is. I’m glad they let you try it. No instructions, no help, NO GOOD! I would never buy it. The start button does not even work!!

You have got an OEM version “for free”, so no worries.