Problems with burned DVD

vbimport

First off, I love AnyDVD software. My current problem is this: I have a Phillips CD/DVD R/RW drive, as well as a BlueRay CD/DVD R/RW drive made by LG. I’ve been trying to copy a few disks for my grand daughter, and the finished product allways ends up either stopping completely at some point during the movie, or the pixels are so scrambled that you can’t watch the movie. Invariably, this happens about two-thirds the way through. I’ve tried using DVD+RW and -RW; I’m using Ritek media. I’ve tried burning the disk at several lower speeds and higher speeds. Niothing seems to help. I’m spending a small fortune on these disks, as most of them are DL. Anyone have any suggestions? BTW, I’ve also tried doing a CloneDVD, burn ISO and every other way I can think of. Nothing seems to help. My PC has two 3.2 Processors, 4GB ram and I have a total disk storage of over 4GB, so none of these should seem to matter.
THanks

The only safe DL media is Verbatim. Some also recommend Falcon.

If you are trying to make an exact copy of your dvd, without compression, here are the steps to use. First, start up AnyDVD and let it run in the background. Insert the dvd into your drive and let AnyDVD analyze the disk and break encryption. Now, [B] right click [/B]the little fox icon for AnyDVD down in the bottom right of your screen, and then click [I]Rip Video DVD to Harddisk…[/I]

This will put the entire movie on the hard drive in file format, minus only the encryption.

Now, the most important part. [B]Buy Verbatim brand double layer disks.[/B] Do not substitute anything else.

Download a free burning program called ImgBurn. It is the best for burning double layer dvds. You can find it here: www.imgburn.com

Follow this guide for burning the dvd-video you ripped to the hard drive onto your new Verbatim brand double layer dvds: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1780

Set the burning speed in ImgBurn to 4x.

If you want to use single layer dvds, you must make some decisions on what type of backup you want to make. Most of us do movie only backups, as this keeps the best quality for the movie itself. But it is possible to do complete backups and compress everything to fit onto a single layer dvd.

I prefer other compression tools than CloneDVD or DVDFab. The old free standby, DVDShrink works as well or better if you want to use the slightly inferior methods used by transcoders. They are quick and dirty, but will work for most dvds that don’t need much compression.

Better to use an encoder, especially for large dvds or complete backups. There is a free program that uses encoders, called DVDRebuilder which will give you higher quality output. Download the full installer for DVDRebuilder (free) 0.98.2 on this page: http://www.jdobbs.com/Pages/Downloads.htm

For single layer dvds I recommend Verbatim brand again (but not their new “Life Series” disks). Get the ones with AZO on the label, like these at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-95037-Branded-Recordable-50-Disc/dp/B00081A2KE/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1315522701&sr=8-7
Another good variety of blank dvds are Taiyo Yuden: http://www.rima.com/prod/1733-100.html

Burn either of those types at 8x or possibly 12x speed if you are using the 16x rated Verbatim. Do the actual burn to the disk with ImgBurn.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2603214]If you are trying to make an exact copy of your dvd, without compression, here are the steps to use. First, start up AnyDVD and let it run in the background. Insert the dvd into your drive and let AnyDVD analyze the disk and break encryption. Now, [B]right click [/B]the little fox icon for AnyDVD down in the bottom right of your screen, and then click [I]Rip Video DVD to Harddisk…[/I]

This will put the entire movie on the hard drive in file format, minus only the encryption.

Now, the most important part. [B]Buy Verbatim brand double layer disks.[/B] Do not substitute anything else.

Download a free burning program called ImgBurn. It is the best for burning double layer dvds. You can find it here: www.imgburn.com

Follow this guide for burning the dvd-video you ripped to the hard drive onto your new Verbatim brand double layer dvds: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1780

Set the burning speed in ImgBurn to 4x.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that… I’ve done everything you’ve suggested, except for the Verbatum disks. I’ve been using Ritek for so long I thought that they were one of the best, along with Tao Yudan. In the next few days, I’ll pick up some Verbatum and try it again. thanks

For D/L a lot of us recommend verbatim only.

I have had some pretty good luck with the Falcon brand though so if you can not find Verbatim you can try Falcon.

[QUOTE=mcintire2;2603216] I thought that they were one of the best, along with Tao Yudan. In the next few days, I’ll pick up some Verbatum and try it again. thanks[/QUOTE]

:eek: Ritek :Z:Z I wouldn’t use them even if they was free, Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim is the only brand I’ll ever use