Problems with Benq DVD DW1640- error drive D

vbimport

I have a combined CD- rom & DVD drive -Benq DVD DW1640. I have a Dell computer. I am trying to play saved CD images & word documents and pre -recoreded DVD & CD’s. There are some that it will play and I have been able to use Nero to save to CD. Now the Nero is not working correctly and I can’t reinstall as it won’t read the CD!!!

I have flashed firmware on the drive with no luck - anymore suggestions - It does not recognise the CD rom and a DVD messages says subpicture will not be available during playback. THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

Please does anyone have any suggestions??? ( Iam a real novice so please answer in plain speak!)

I have a combined CD- rom & DVD drive -Benq DVD DW1640. I have a Dell computer. I am trying to play saved CD images & word documents and pre -recoreded DVD & CD’s. There are some that it will play and I have been able to use Nero to save to CD. Now the Nero is not working correctly and I can’t reinstall as it won’t read the CD!!!
I have removed the registery as advised without any differences - The drive is still not recognising CD’s - The error mesage I get is please insert disc in to driveD

when I put a disc in that was transfered from AV files to DVD with DVD burn express I can explore the files and see audio TS & video TS files and Nero says that the file is corrupt or is not supported by the application.

when I put in a home “back up” DVD copy used with DVD shrink the same thing happens

It cant seem to read commercial CDs such as the Nero installation disc, CD ROMS or bought audio CDs.HOpe you can help 

I have a back up disc TDK DVD that I made and it can read this OK ( DATA) whats happening??? Thanks

Thats the only disc it seems to read ok - is the laser working( seems to be on this disc only) I need something to read existong CD & DVDs & record- Can anyone please help.

Thats the only disc it seems to read ok - is the laser working( seems to be on this disc only) I need something to read existong CD & DVDs & record- Can anyone please help. Thanks Dolly

I have BSIB I downloaded to firmware from Benq website versA- 7.5 - hope this helps

I can burn and save to DVD & read saved DVD
disc- does any of this make sense?/???

You already have a thread with same topic, please continue there. You might just bump that one to get more attention. :wink:
BTW, this problem is not hardware related.