Problems with Battlefield 2

Hello.

I used Alochol 120% 1.9.5 (3105) to make an image of the Battlefield 2 CD version using Safedisc 2/3 copying at a rather slow speed. I apparently made three successful images of the three CDs and installed the game on my computer.

After installation, I mounted the image on Alcohol (I have different driver names), and the splash screen pops up, and the screen flickers black and after about 5 seconds, I’m brought back to my desktop.

Any suggestions?

I also tried mounting it with Daemon Tools 3.47, but it did the same thing. I even tried it with emulation using safedisc, but no luck.

Anyone been there, conquered that?

Thanks

Ok, when they said Minimum System Requirements, they REALLLLLLY meant it. I cannot believe this game requires at least 128MB ram. I have 32MB on my laptop. (talkin video memory). It ran Battlefield 1942 perfectly. Oh well, looks like it’s time to update…perhaps get a new desktop.

That was the problem. I’ve heard there’s ways to get around this minimum sys requirement, but can’t find it. Any ideas?

I think that you’ve answered your own question. Upgrade your system with more ram. Preferably get 256mb at least rather than just 128mb so that you’ve got some spare capacity.

Not just 256MB RAM, my nVidia 5700 doesn’t play it that well and that has 256KM ram with a 3.2GHz P4 HT and 1GB DDR RAM system. I would got for the 6800XT, 7xxx series probably not worth it at the moment. Forget ATi, nearly all the games are optimised for nVidia these days.

Ben :slight_smile: