Firstly, let me say hello to the forum.
I’ve been using DVDFab Platinum (4.0.55 now) for a couple of months now and can’t seem to get round a particular problem when using the generic conversion feature.
Basically, I have ripped 18 DVDs to hard-drive using the Full Disc method and then added the main movie into the generic/xvid.audiocopy batch queue.
My first problem is that I can’t seem to select the correct resolution for standard def widescreen (720x576). The closest matches I can find are 720x400 or 1024x576. This isn’t a big problem, but I would like to know if I’m doing anything wrong.
My big problem is that at sometime during the batch process the aspect ratio changes from 16:9 to 4:3 and all subsequent conversion are then squashed into a 4:3 window (but still widescreen). I have made sure that all the movies are 16:9 to begin with.
I’ve tried changing the order of the conversions to see if it is one particular movie that’s causing it, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference.
It always seems to be around the 3rd/4th title where it starts. Which is pretty annoying when you’ve waited 16 hours for all 18 to finish!