Problems with AVS Video Converter Output

vbimport

Whenever I use AVS convert an MKV, AVI or MP4 file to DVD NTSC format and then attempt to use my Clone DVD 2 to burn only the movie I find that the CloneDVD2 will attempt (and fail) to repair the “faulty” disk structure. Burning with Nero will work and the disks play properly on my standalone DVD players.

Would IFO Edit fix this? Where is there tutorial information on this or any program that might help?

You say that Nero burned a copy that plays fine? I recall CloneDVD2 protesting about errors that didn’t exist when I was trying to use it for burning. Switched to Imgburn for burning, and never looked back :). If Nero works for you, I think you have nothing to worry about.

Personally, I’d switch to AVStoDVD, a free program for converting various types of video files to dvd format.

And if you’re worried about the structure being off, you can run the dvd-video through FixVTS.

But if the dvds burned with Nero play well, you don’t really need to adjust anything in my opinion.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2668982]You say that Nero burned a copy that plays fine? I recall CloneDVD2 protesting about errors that didn’t exist when I was trying to use it for burning. Switched to Imgburn for burning, and never looked back :). If Nero works for you, I think you have nothing to worry about.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the suggestion. I have both ANYDVD and CloneDVD2 on lifetime licenses. The main use of CloneDVD2 has been when I have converted a PAL to NTSC or an MKV to DVD in NTSC and want to get rid of the extraneous stuff. I am looking at IFO Edit to see if it will correct the “defective” structure.