Problems with audio sync after converting .avi to DVD-Video

i was wondering if anybody could help me. i have bought a film as a download on the internet, tested the video and audio by opening the file. everything o.k. i converted the film and sent it to a disk. when i went to test it on my dvd player, the audio and video were off. i heard the audio before i saw the person speak. i would be greatful if anybody could help me. thanks hobo20212

[QUOTE=hobo20212;1950145]i was wondering if anybody could help me. i have bought a film as a download on the internet, tested the video and audio by opening the file. everything o.k. i converted the film and sent it to a disk. when i went to test it on my dvd player, the audio and video were off. i heard the audio before i saw the person speak. i would be greatful if anybody could help me. thanks hobo20212[/QUOTE]

What kinda file was the download and what file did to convert the film?? What kinda media are you using? What kind burner device did you use?

Yes, please specify what the original format was, what software you used to convert it and what’s the new format. For example, were these VOB and IFO files? Or did you have an .avi file that for example you used to convert a 700 mb to a DVD? Let us know more specifics and that will help greatly

[QUOTE=hobo20212;1950145]i was wondering if anybody could help me. [B]i have bought a film as a download on the internet[/B], tested the video and audio by opening the file. everything o.k. i converted the film and sent it to a disk. when i went to test it on my dvd player, the audio and video were off. i heard the audio before i saw the person speak. i would be greatful if anybody could help me. thanks hobo20212[/QUOTE]

If that doesnt come form a reliable source, then you were cheaten, sorry.

i downloaded the film in avi and converted it using vso divxtodvd and burned it to disk using nti dvd maker. i just opened up a new dvd video_ts. dragged the video files i converted into the burn list, inserted my disk then click burn or write. the oufiles were iso files and vob files

Most likely your problem is with the original .avi. If variable bit-rate audio (VBR) was used in the original encoding then during the conversion to DVD-Video the synchronisation can get lost (either the PC software player or DVD standalone player can be affected).

It’s not an easy matter but you should strip out the audio, convert it to constant bit-rate, recombine with the video, and then do the conversion to DVD-Video.

If that sounds complicated, then you know why movie download sites are not popular, or not to be recommended, and why the best thing is sometimes to just go out and buy the DVD.

how would i strip the audio from the video?

You can have a look over on videohelp.com, where there are tools like VirtualDub to do this. Also search the ‘Guides’ section that will give you lots of help in the process.

ok thanks