Problems with Artec VOM-12E48X DVD±RW Writer Drive

I have an Artec VOM-12E48X DVD±RW Writer drive which started playing up recently and I visited the Artec.com website and followed their instructions for flashing the drive using 100D Flash.exe tool.

Now, my drive does not work at all and has vanished from my Windows XP Pro PC altogether?! :a I say altogether but, although the drive does not appear in my taskbar or in Device Manager any longer, I know that there is power to the drive, as this is shown by its little green power light being constantly lit. :confused:

I have tried to reflash using the tool and have even tried using the 100A Flash.exe tool but this has not resolved the problem and the drive still does not appear on my system. Can anyone please advise on what I have done wrong… How I can rectify it - if I can… And if it is possible to find drivers for the Artec VOM-12E48X DVD±RW Writer drive so that I can perhaps reinstall them and get the drive to function again?? If none of this is possible, then would I be just as well to go out and purchase a new DVD±RW Writer drive and install it from scratch??

Can anyone please help me? :bow:

Replace the IDE cable with a new one.

I am having problems with my artec vom 12e48x drive! when I go to burn movies my drive reads as cdrom and not dvdrw! but it pays cd’s and dvd’s fine? what is causing this?

I doubt it very much.

Don’t believe what icon explorer shows for your drive - explorer bug.
Deicemanager will tell you the truth.

Ive tried to burn with the icon as cd r drive but wont burn?

What real burning app have you used??