Problems with AnyDVD V 6.0.8.5

6.0.8.5, 2006 11 20

• New: Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection
    to the option to remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
  • New: Improved fix for DVDs with wrong title set search tables.
  • New: Higher compatibility with 3rd party IDE or SATA drivers.
    Using AnyDVD’s “SafeMode” should no longer be necessary.
  • New: Safe/Normal Mode setting now supported on Windows Vista.
  • New: Improved removal of bogus title sets
  • Change: Improved “Jump directly to Tile Menu” function
  • Fix: Removing Macrovision RipGuard didn’t work sometimes
  • Fix: Bogus title set removal could be triggered without reason
  • Fix: Setting subtitle transparency did not work correcly with
    some DVD titles
  • Fix: Audio-CD protection removal did not work on 64-bit OS like
    Windows XP64 professional
  • Fix: SPTI I/O-requests from 64-bit processes on 64-bit OS like
    Windows XP64 professional were not processed by AnyDVD

Thanks for the heads up sheep18.

Thanks Sheep18. Here is where you can download it.

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

YES! They’ve included some of my requests. I will have to check to see if a DVD works aswell. Anyone got Collateral R4? It wouldn’t play after you selected your language. If no one does I’ll have to wait a week or so when my sister gives it back.

I’ll test out the “Jump to menu” feature soon.

Thank you very much Slysoft.

It does. But as the support people probably have told you: For Collateral R4 to work, untick “Copy protection based on unreadable sectors” for version 6.0.8.2. So there was no hurry to provide a fix. In 6.0.8.5 you can leave the box ticked.

Uh-oh, I just realized that I forgot to check-in the changes for “jump to menu”. So there won’t be much difference to 6.0.8.2 for the jump to menu function, sorry.

Posted By James

Uh-oh, I just realized that I forgot to check-in the changes for “jump to menu”. So there won’t be much difference to 6.0.8.2 for the jump to menu function, sorry.

James

SlySoft products

Thats okay you can put out a new version tomorrow:D

Reports are there are still lockups in certain situations, trouble with backing up CLICK and DaVinci on others. Just wanted to see if anyone can test with those two titles and see if they are successful.

What with all the varying configurations out there, no app can be 100%, but thanks to quick updates, users should be in good shape soon enough.

I had no Problem with DaVinci, AnyDVD 6.0.8.2 & CloneDVD2

No, maybe next month. :slight_smile:

Lockups? When playing back the copy? Likely caused by bad/faulty media and/or outdated burner firmware. Has nothing to do with AnyDVD.

I did not specify during playback, I simply said issues with lockups.

It may indeed be an issue with AnyDVD, there is no way you could be certain without detailed analysis.

I use your product, and like your product, but for you to be in denial in regards to potential problems is simply arrogant and does nothing to serve the best interests of your company.

Stuff happens. Bugs happen. Don’t be so defensive that you are not willing to admit that there may be a few small bugs in your software.

Geesh!

Good deal.

System configs differ and some of the folks on Usenet that I’ve been reading of more than likely have either software or hardware conflicts. A few folks have been pointing out that the best way for them to get things to work reliably and consistently is for them to have a very basic XP config saved with an imaging program and switch over to that base config when using AnyDVD. Apparently they have great results doing that.

What with all the apps out there that like to load themselves at startup without telling the users, issues are bound to crop up from time to time.

I find that I have had my best luck with AnyDVD if I load it, do the rips, then unload it, then process the vids and such. But others may have great luck running it 24/7. Various configs, various issues. No biggie.

So when you don’t mean during playback, what in fact do you mean?

I assumed you meant playback from copy. So, what exactly do you mean?

If you fail to express yourself, that hardly isn’t my fault. So please stop bullsh*tting around and tell me what the problem is, so I can fix it.

Specify.

Mr. BeardedKirklander,

You have attitude chip on your shoulder that is not appreciated in this Forum.

You have the SlySoft Technical Staff working hard to ensure that that their software works correctly and all you are doing is giving them a hard time.

If you have a definite specific problem provide meaningful detailed information on the specific problem so that SlySoft Technical can correct the problem.

Best Regards,
bkjg

I’ll specify. Using Any DVD and DVD shrink, I have never encountered a
problem of any sort until after today’s install of 6.0.8.5. I have gotten
three stop errors (BSOD) trying to back up my new copy of Click.
The install process sets a restore point, but I don’t know how to access
it. Help please.
Thanks in advance,
Rog

BTW the last stop error ocurred in safe mode.

I don’t know what region you’re in but if it is region 1 then there is no problems with anydvd decrypting this movie. I used it when click first came out and it went well.

XP System Restore. Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore.

Rogerslaid -

The below Web Link “Beginners Guides: Crash Recovery - Dealing with the Blue Screen Of Death” provide useful information on correcting Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) ->

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1647

As stated in the above reference when the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) occurs a Narrative Error Code page is displayed that contains information as to what caused the Error and an Error Code is displayed. This Narrative and Error Code is important information and is very helpful in troubleshooting. Suggest posting the Error Narrative and Error Code because this information can prove to be helpful in assisting SlySoft Technical Staff in identifying and troubleshooting this particular problem.

BeLooken

Thanks Seeker2. I restored to 6.0.8.2, and everything is running smoothly. I’d still
like any input as to what the prob. might have been. Faulty installation? Should I
try again, or adopt the stance that if it ain’t broke, leave it the hell alone?
Rog