Problems with all my burners

vbimport

Ok so I know that there has to be something wrong with my computer now with something.

I had a nice plextor 16x dvd burner that suddenly has gone kaput. It was having bad buffer underuns and fluctuations to the point where it wouldnt burn. So i took an older SONY DRU out of another computer and it didn’t work either.

So i thought maybe both had gone bad. So i bought a new NEC off of Newegg and i jsut finished installing. I go to do the first burn, and it makes my CPU run at 99% with no room for me to do anything else, and eventually the burn dies 20 percent in. This is getting ridiculous. I am about to just format my OS if this continues. I read somewhere before it has to do with maybe viruses or weird programs. But i haven’t been able to fix this problem yet and a burner making my cpu run at 100 percent constantly is just ridiculous. I’ve been able to burn on 2 burners at once while still doing many many things before. So there has to be something else wrong. IF anyone has any ideas PLEASSSE let me know! Thanks!

Check if DMA is enabled: sometimes windows revert in PIO mode without any warning for the user.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101616

Computer specs? Also it might be time for a reformat and install!