321 Studios sued over their Games X Copy software

DamnedIfIknow let it slip in our news submit that 321 is under the legal crosshairs again. This time with the newer software of theirs. The dreaded Games X Copy.

A group of major video game companies has sued 321 Studios--the company best known for its now-banned DVD copying software--charging that its new video-game copying software is also illegal. Atari, Electronic Arts and Vivendi Universal Games filed suit against the software company in New York federal court, asking a judge to block distribution of 321 Studios" Games X Copy software.

"Federal law makes it clear that it is illegal to manufacture, distribute, or sell devices or programs that circumvent technological protection measures built into video games," Douglas Lowenstein, president of the Entertainment Software Association (ESA), said in a statement. "That's exactly what 321 Studios' Games X Copy does, and we fully expect the court to grant our request to ban this product."

ADVERTISEMENT

D'oh! Thanks for the info Doug. Hell, I thought Games X Copy didn't work! I guess I better get me a copy of this cool program before it is no longer for sale. Sounds like 321 could use some money to fight this latest legal battle too. Hmmm, remember when it used to be the forces of good over evil? I don't know what's going on anymore. Who's the good guys? Here is a link for the games X Copy website.  

Source: ZDNet

ADVERTISEMENT

No posts to display