Problems what to try

vbimport

i am new to clone cd, copy max payne, drives:CDRW: lite-on ltr 12101B reader: creative 52X ,i keep getting this error: HARDWARE ERROR TRACKING SERVO FAILURE(4:0X9:0X01)
PLUS WHEN "COPYING" IT TAKES FOREVER? LIKE 30+ MINUTES THEN IT STARTS TO"BURN" GETS UP TO 3% THEN THAT ERROR POPS UP ... os: WINDOWS XP PRO , WHAT CAN I TRY?ANY SUGGESTIONS? plus how do i work the "beta block" program? it says to "drag/drop" image file,how do i do that? like i said i am a total newbie,
thanx in advance....:cool:

Words in caps is considered SHOUTING.

Struggle through the “must read” links in my signature then get back to us. You have a bit of prep work before success :wink:

“dougray” wrote:
>
[…]
>i am new to clone cd, copy max payne, drives:CDRW: lite-on ltr
>12101B reader: creative 52X ,i keep getting this error:
>HARDWARE ERROR TRACKING SERVO FAILURE(4:0X9:0X01)
>PLUS WHEN “COPYING” IT TAKES FOREVER? LIKE 30+ MINUTES
>THEN IT STARTS TO"BURN" GETS UP TO 3% THEN THAT ERROR
>POPS UP … os: WINDOWS XP PRO , WHAT CAN I TRY?ANY
>SUGGESTIONS? plus how do i work the “beta block” program? it
>says to “drag/drop” image file,how do i do that? like i said i am
>a total newbie.

1. Your 1B Liteon cannot write SafeDisc 2 without AWS
  2. Neither of your devices can read SD2 quickly, especially the CD-ROM
  3. If the servo error is on the write it’s bad/incompatible media :Z
  4. If the servo error is on the read then your Creative is incompatible with CloneCD
  5. You have to disable IMAPI in XP Pro. I also recommend disabling the in-built burning off the burner’s properties.
  6. Your ageing burner needs an ASPI like Nero’s wnaspi32.dll in the /system/ folder or you can install Adaptec’s product 4.71
  7. Beta Blocker instructions can be found by clicking the search button in this forum
  8. try the default Game CD profile in CloneCD v4.1.0.10
  9. stay in touch
  10. avoid cracks and patches

All liteons work with CloneCD so you must have a system instability problem. I’ve copied this to the Liteon Forum for further advice

that freakn’ caps button always sneaks in there, yeah i have been reading,and downloading files,i’ll keep at it, thanks for reply…

ok, i have been messing with this prog. for on/off couple hours,and i have made 5-6 coasters,i have tryed/installed files required?,did some reading made adjustments? still getting the same error, is there somekind of ancient chinese secret that i dont know about? :a any info… i am glad there is a trial period if i purchased this and had these probs. i would be po’d
thanks in advance…

i tryed everything you just mentioned, i tryed 3 different type cd-r discs, the only thing i can think it could be ,is my lite-on cdrw? but it has always worked perfect under roxio&nero,i never got any “coasters”, well i gave up messing with clonecd. thanks:(

maybe fastdump on daemon tools would allow the reader to progress faster, so that it has a smooth ride?

use cd-rw’s for non-coaster failures :wink:

update: purchased new cdrw 40x12x48 and everything went fine,it took 2 1/2 hours to make copy of above game,is that normal? and by the way my “reader” doesnt support fast error skip:z,is maybe that my prob. why it took so long,but what the hey! after my ranting&raving it worked!,cool…thanx for replies…:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: