Hi oh wise ones,
please can someone help as this is driving me mad :a , i have 2 drives in my pc, this pioneer & a sony, both re-writers and have been using them for the past year with no problems, i went to burn an audio disc last night using nero 7 (latest updated) on the pioneer, the burn started and then stuck at 5% on the lead in, i tried it again and the same thing happened, i then tried the sony and it burnt ok, i then tried the pioneer for the 3rd time and it worked!!!, i then used nero to create a test disc and then analyized it using nero, the sony had about 400 small errors on it, the pioneer had 54000 errors on it!!, i just cant work out if its a software problem or hardware, i have got the latest firmware, the only thing i did recently was updated nero but im sure i have burned discs since then using the pioneer and everything was ok.
The discs are burnt at Disc at once, i have also checked DMA settings, it just driving me mad that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt, i keep ending up with coasters!!!
if someone could advise me on the next course of action that would be fantastic , thanks for reading, sorry the post is a long one