Problems using my PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K06RS

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-K06. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have just bought a new Acer L100/AcerPower 1000 with vista Home premium BUT Vista was messed up so I formatted the drive and I got my copy of XP Home Edition. After instaling XP, Downloading video and sound drivers I wanted to watch a movie, so i got a DVD put it in and clicked play using Windows Media Player but an error message popped up saying

“Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatable DVD decoder is not instaled on yout computer”

So I went on Google and searched for drivers and decoders but nothing came up. Please soemone help me!

Thanks ben :slight_smile:

Here is some into on my pc

Processor: AMD Sempron 3500 Core duo 2.1GHZ
Memory: 1024GB RAM
Hard Drive: 149GB Hard Disk Drive
Graphics Card: Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150 graphics
Optical Drive: DVD Burner dual and double layer/PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K06RS
Connectivity: Gigabyte (10/100/1000) Lan solution, 6 x USB 2.0 ports, 5 in 1 card reader, DVI Port
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition

The Wiindows XP is a fresh instalation and there are no drivers for anything realy i mean the pc works fine, plays games, music, displays photos but i cannot play DVD’s

Hello Ben, welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

I would recommend you use the free software VLC to watch your movies. It supports many audio/video formats too. :slight_smile:

Ah that one :slight_smile: ive used that on my old pc its good. Lol i only got it so i could play my American dvd ^^ as im in the UK

Oh and thanks for the info but there is one last thing when playing on any video player i can see little horizontal lines going down the screen do you know what that could be? maybe my video graphics driver?