Problems using image

vbimport

Hi guys I am new here and new to the art of image production, so bear with me :slight_smile:

I am really trying to get one of my older games (Amerzone) to work from an .mdf image, without having to have the CD in the drive when I play it; this is causing problems anyway, with game crashes whilst trying to access disc. The game has 4 discs and I already have it installed (but not from the image). I have scanned the disc using ClonyXXL and it tells me there is “dummy” protection - what does this mean?

I am using Alcohol 1.9.2 to do the images. When I set them to create I leave it at “customised”.

No matter what I do the game still asks for the disc, even though I have mounted an image on one of my V drives. I have created v drives also for the other three disc images, yet it still asks for disc 2 when I get to a point in the game???

Also, when the images have been created, I cannot open my cd drive, until I reboot, even using a pin to force the mechanism will not allow it to open.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as I really want to play this game, without needing the discs in the drive.

Thx in advance guys :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I suggest that you go to gamecopyworld.com, they have instructions for making a 1:1 CD copy and it involves Nero, not Alcohol.

As for the locked CD drive issue, that is a strange one. I would imagine that a burning software might include the capability to lock a CD/DVDburner drive in order to protect the burning stage. Perhaps you should try opening Windows Task Manager when this happens to see if there is any processes (programs) running in the background that would cause this problem. End the process and test the drive. You may want to also try closing down any burner related program located in the taskbar…