Problems using fab platinum

vbimport

Hi all

When using Dvd fab,the following problem’s occur.

Extraction,from a already burnt dual layer disc,to hard drive using clone mode,results in the following:

3/4 the way through extraction,the lite on dvd drive, go’s quiet,
BSOD comes on
Stop =0x0000009c

Inportation of ISO file, full disc copy mode, to dual layer dvd, the following occurs:

Warning message from fab reads as follows:
Can not open file c:\documents and settings/user/desktop/fist of fury.ISO.VTS-03-0.IFO

Ripping from a single layer disc to a dual layer disc, on clone mode, results in the following:

Clone sucessfully completed then
Warning message from fab as above can not open

Can any one help please,have i got to go and buy another dvd drive,funny thing is i can extract from a single disc, using clone mode to hard drive using the same same drive,but as soon as i put this dual layer disc in BSOD:a

Not sure if there is more than one problem here:sad:

Using good discs dl Verbatim

Ice,

This is hard to follow and very confusing…

[I]Extraction,from a already burnt dual layer disc,to hard drive using clone mode,results in the following:

3/4 the way through extraction,the lite on dvd drive, go’s quiet,
BSOD comes on
Stop =0x0000009c[/I]

[B]OK, this is one problem. You can check the dump file, troubleshoot online with MS and try to narrow down the problem.[/B]
[I]Inportation of ISO file, full disc copy mode, to dual layer dvd, the following occurs:

Warning message from fab reads as follows:
Can not open file c:\documents and settings/user/desktop/fist of fury.ISO.VTS-03-0.IFO[/I]

[B]You’re trying to burn from files already ripped to your hdd.
Looks like the image is corrupted, file missing, etc.,…how can we tell?
Does it play ok from the hdd?[/B]

[I]Ripping from a single layer disc to a dual layer disc, on clone mode, results in the following:

Clone sucessfully completed then
Warning message from fab as above can not open [/I]

[B]Why are you ripping an SL disc and attempting to burn it to a DL disc?..sure you can do this, but why?[/B]

Clone mode is successful from an SL disc?..but you can’t open it?..but you can extract successfully from an SL disc?

[B]WHAT???[/B]

[B]Please, describe one problem at a time, clearly and in detail[/B].

[B]Thanks[/B]

1. OK, this is one problem. You can check the dump file, troubleshoot online with MS and try to narrow down the problem.

Cheers

1. You’re trying to burn from files, already ripped to your hdd.
    Looks like the image is corrupted, file missing, etc.,…how can we tell?
    Does it play ok from the hdd?

Yes fine,

1. Why are you ripping an SL disc and attempting to burn it to a DL disc?..sure you can do this, but why

Just to check the function from disc to disc is ok, only have one drive capable of reading dual layer discs, which i believe might be faulty.

1. Clone mode is successful from an SL disc

When cloning from a single layer disc to dual layer disc, fab indicate’s that it as been sucsessfull,then a message apears after, to indicate it can not open the cloned data

1. but you can’t open it?

I have not tried as i took the message as a indication of a unsucesfull copy, from a single layer to dual layer.

1. but you can extract successfully from an SL disc?

Yes if i go directly from single layer disc, using my dl dvd re writer to my hard drive.