Problems Uninstalling The Alcohol Virtual drives

This problem occured a While ago:
I installed Alcohol V.1.4.8.1222 In regular installation mode, everything went fine, and i used alcohol just like any body else…
I Then wanted to update to V.1.9.2.1705, I uninstalled the previous version as directed by the installation program, But somewhere during the uninstall process, a problem occured and the program quitted, As a Result, the alcohol program was removed but virtual drives remained in my windows explorer, and they act just like any regular drive, But the problem is this bug is preventing me from installing the new version…

Any Ideas on how to permanently delete those Virtual drives from my computer?

Go to control panels/system/hardware/device manager, find under “SCSI and RAID controllers” the Alcohol* SCSI controller, and remove it.

All Alcohol drives will disappear. Normally this happens automatically when you uninstall alcohol, unless at the uninstallation time you still had some image mounted.

You will Also need to remove Plug and Play Bios Extension from System Devices. and if needed the Virtual Drive Drivers from the Windows/System32/Drivers Folder.

• Name of the Virtual Drive Driver varies from version to Version.

I have saw many people have this very same problem, and I see the solution work everytime, NOW, I have this problem, and the solution wont fix it, I dont have a “SCSI and RAID controllers” in my Device Manager, so now what? The virtual drive shows the same properties as my hard drive.

I like the virtual drive, and I like Alcahol, only problem I’m having, is my Lightscribe isnt detecting the disk, and I have done everything else, lots of people say the virtual drive is whats causing it, I wanna find out. but I’ll put the virtual drive back on there after.

This topic is 4 years old, there have been many changes to Alcohol in this time, Which version number of Alcohol are you using.

HaHa, thats prolly gonna raise some laughter, v1.9.5.3823

alcoholSI.txt (6.85 KB)

I can tell you what’s even funnier

[B]Illegal Version[/B]
We respectfully ask that you remove this from your computer and use the latest trial version from our download site at www.alcohol-soft.com or alternatively at the same link you can purchase our software, a purchased user receives free support 24/7 and free updates of the software.

We cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss you incur on your system whilst using illegal versions of our products.

If you feel this response is an error please reply with your conformation of purchase ID# and details concerning your purchase

[B]Topic closed[/B]