Problems ripping music to computer

Hi, I’m new to all this so please excuse me if i don’t understand and ask silly questions. Ive been making backups of cds for a year or so with no problems but recently my computers started putting really bad scratchy noises and gaps in my music. It doesnt happen with all cds I rip but quite a few. Its happening on the rip and is doing it with itunes, windows media player and realplayer . If anyone has experienced similar problems please could you try to enlighten me as to why my computer might be doing this as its starting to drive me insane. Thanks

Welcome :slight_smile:

You might try a different ripping software, and see if it helps…EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and CDex are both excellent ripping programs, and free too. :slight_smile:

Try to empty your recycle bin and temp file directory defrag you hard drive or even consider to reformat you hard drive may be you see some improvements.

Thanks for replying, I’ll give it a go and let u know if theres any improvements.

I defragmented both drives and that seems to have solved my little problem, Thanks :slight_smile:

I dont think that did solve it, im gettin lots of these errors in my cds again. Do you advise me to format my drives or is there a less drastic solution.