Problems Recording on a LiteOn 5115

vbimport

Goood Morning, First, thankx for the oportunity of been part of this forum. I hope you could help me to find a soluitoin to my problem.

I have a LiteOn 5115, I was working fine, but two days ago, I was trying to record a movie, I use DVD-R, It was working fine whit those DVD’s But two days ago, I inserted one disc like I normaly do, and then the recorder tells you that is Reading the disc,then Blank Disc, Preparing, but there when is preparing the disk , Jumps to 25 % righ away and on 27 % Donde ,stops,and the tray opens itself. I traid a few discs,the same Kind DVD-R and the same thing. like I said I used those before and with no problem, But now I have that problem.

Thanks for your time reading my problem, I hope you can help me with that or telme what I’m doing wrong.

Could try a dvd cleaner, could be dust buildup on lens.

Thanx Quakester 2000 ,Let me tray that, the strange thing is , with a DVD- R/W it works, it ask me if I want to Quick Format or fast format, and I formated a DVD-R/W and it works, I have a problem with the DVD-R only, could the dust steal be the problem ?

Thenx for you time and Help.

The Problem with LiteON recorders is that the Optical Pickup used in the optical drives isnt as high quality as their pc counterparts. This is one of the reasons LiteON got out of the DVD recorder market because they had a lot of returns due to the optical drives failing.

How long have you had the unit (In europe its two year warranty)

Is it in a dusty area / Non ventilated area / Dont Have things sitting on top of the unit as it stops heat escaping / Make sure vents clear.

Are you using good quality discs / Tried different make

Use DVD cleaner

Tyhanx again, Is less than a yera , and the warranty is for a year, I think I have time dteal, And I have it on top of my TV, Is a Little dusty, I use to clean it every two days, I don’t have nothing on top of it, and has a good vent, I use SONY DVD’s, , I’m Buying a DVD cleaner , to see if that could make any diference.

Thanx I apreciate your help and your time.
PS: Is it a good brand SONY for DVD’s should I buy DVD+ or the DVD- is good, ?

I have the 5115 and you’ll find it works better with +R & +RW media. At least it works better for me. Make sure your firmware is up to date too. Good Luck and let us know how you make out.

[QUOTE=kellyn2;2173285]Tyhanx again, Is less than a yera , and the warranty is for a year, I think I have time dteal, And I have it on top of my TV, Is a Little dusty, I use to clean it every two days, I don’t have nothing on top of it, and has a good vent, I use SONY DVD’s, , I’m Buying a DVD cleaner , to see if that could make any diference.

Thanx I apreciate your help and your time.
PS: Is it a good brand SONY for DVD’s should I buy DVD+ or the DVD- is good, ?[/QUOTE]

If your in Europe it has a 2 year warranty. Also Dont just rely on sony try various.

Hello, The problem I had with my LiteOn, has been resolved, I used a DVD cleaner as you recommend, is working again, Thanx to: Quakester200, and Dr. Paul, for your coments and Help.

Glad to hear you got it sorted, now you can record all that christmas television thats going to be on lol. All the best have a Happy Christmas and happy new year. L8r