Problems printing to CD with Canon Pixma MP600

vbimport

I’m having some problems printing to CD via my Pixma MP600 and tray F. Even when I print with Canon’s CD-LabelPrint, the printed image starts way too far down the tray, as though the printer is having trouble properly pulling the tray in. It actually ends up printing ONTO the plastic of the tray, which is obviously not good.

I’ve tried adjusting the position of the image on the “page” but it simply ignores the top part of the document and prints the bottom starting again way too far down (it just manages to hit the bottom couple centimeters of the disc and then proceeds past it onto the plastic).

Any thoughts? I’ve emailed Canon but haven’t received a reply yet.

Uninstall all software, then uninstall the printer driver. Reinstall the driver then the software. See if that helps anything. Also wash the tray and clean the little foil squares.

If you visit “Damn Printer” you’ll find a procedure there for “reset EEPROM” which might also be of help.

I think I may have figured it out! At least I got it to work once at any rate. It seems when I opened the back door to the printer it worked. I’m not sure if I was supposed to do this, but it seems odd that it would not be mentioned anywhere. I will try again and see if it works.

Yep! Seems to be working properly now. False alarm I guess! :o

Scratch that–it had nothing to do with the back door being open. Rather, it requires a gentle push to get the cd tray to load properly. A bit of a nuisance to have to do this for every print, but I guess I can live with it.