Problems never end PLEASE HELP!

vbimport

i just bought a new cd burner (sony 32x10x42) and having problems with it alrdy. With my old burner that just died on me a few days ago all my cds worked fine. Anytime i put a cd in my new burner i get this error message but it burns cds without any problem.This error message only comes up on some cds.

thx 4 ne help

i just found out its my new burner that cant read tha cd. I just tested it on my dvd drive and all the cds works. i guess my new drive cant read some cds. Should i take my new burner back and buy another one?

This looks very famaliar, want it to go away??, then in run type msconfig, go to the start up tab and uncheck IMAPI Burning CD-com…Then you need to right click on your cdburner in my computer go to properties and then recording and uncheck allow recording…This will completely turn off Windows XP built in recording but will not interfere with your cd recording software…IE NERO, ROXIO or Clone

Hi all!

This happens to me too…my cd-write is an HP 8x4x?? (I know it’s old :stuck_out_tongue: ).

I’m running WinME but this only happens when recording CD-RWs, fo ex.:

I insert a CD-RW in my HP cd-writer. I put some stuff there and then I eject the cd.
I insert a new CD-RW in my HP cd-writer and WinME says it can’t read the CD-RW…

I have to reboot Windows so I can read a new CD-RW …

This only happens with CD-RW’s, as I can record lot’s of CD-R’s without any problem…

What might be the problem :frowning: ?

Originally posted by kamikazee
This looks very famaliar, want it to go away??, then in run type msconfig, go to the start up tab and uncheck IMAPI Burning CD-com…Then you need to right click on your cdburner in my computer go to properties and then recording and uncheck allow recording…This will completely turn off Windows XP built in recording but will not interfere with your cd recording software…IE NERO, ROXIO or Clone

thx but im still having the same probelm. The problem is its not reading some cds but burning a cd it works fine

Are the cd closed/finalised??

yup :slight_smile:

there burnt games i installed them b4 on my computer with my old burner