PROBLEMS: Nec 2500a and Nforce2

Hi, i ve just bought this drive but I 've got problems with my nforce motherboard!

If i make a dvd with nero, it fails the data verify but the dvd looks to be ok!

I tried to change the drive in an intel motherboard and everything is ok, data verify too!!!

This for iso and video dvd!

Why???

I tried with nvidia 3.13 with and without ide sw
with nvidia Morpheus remix
with nvidia 2.03

Help me please…

…Sorry for my english… :bow: :bigsmile:

Could be the blanks you are using. Many cheaper brands have high error rates at the end.

i tried with every brand

verbatim
philips
magnex
memorex
Mbi

and the same support on the intel motherboard works great!

Two possible reasons:

The NEC ND-2500A have a bit weak reading abilities = may fail verification test.

Nero veryfy test is to my experience NOT reliable! Sometimes it fails as it claims a file on the harddrive is inaccessible (which is wrong) and sometimes it just fails.

Try DVDinfoPRO or Nero CD-Speed’s scandisc function and see if it still fails.

After installing the newest forceware package, you must go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall the Nforce IDE driver, then reboot, then check in the Device manager to make sure that it’s gone…

I tried to compare with dvd info pro and nero cd/dvd speed and is ok!

So do you think is just a reading problem?

Why just on nvidia motherboard?

i don’t think that on the intel motherboard the reading ability of nec will improve!:bigsmile:

There are known issues with DVD burners (many brands) and motherboards with NForce chipsets. These forums are full of threads that discuss this issue. Many have recommended removing the NVidia IDE drivers and using the Native Windows XP IDE drivers. This has been largely successful in fixing the problem.

Originally posted by Intomed
There are known issues with DVD burners (many brands) and motherboards with NForce chipsets. These forums are full of threads that discuss this issue. Many have recommended removing the NVidia IDE drivers and using the Native Windows XP IDE drivers. This has been largely successful in fixing the problem.

If the problem is just a reading problem i don’t care about it…

But if it’s a writing problem is different!

Xp drivers are slower than nvidia drivers i don’t want to give up the speed!

from AXEL

"Just a heads-up for current and future Nero5.5 and NEC ND2500A owners, like me…

I received my the NEC yesterday, installed it but for some reason Nero did not recognize the drive. However, everything else (BIOS, XP, and Roxio DVD Creator 6, which came with the burner) did. Thanks to Google I found that you need to change Nero’s MMC.DLL with a hex editor to add this burner (it seems to be too new to be listed).
Here ist the link. I used this editor, punched in the new code as described, and voila, Nero now recognizes my new investment. I have not burned with it yet, but I am confident it will work.

So, to expand on this “what do I need to upgrade” I should add:

• Internet access
  • Google
  • hex editor "

does this help?

filippoitalia,

As I understand it, this issue involves both reading and writing disks. Now, I don’t know whether or not Windows XP’s native IDE driver is slower, but I do know that having consistently successful burns is more important than saving a few milliseconds of time. All I’m saying is that this is a known issue with many DVD burners and NVidia NForce drivers.

Originally posted by filippoitalia
[B]If the problem is just a reading problem i don’t care about it…

But if it’s a writing problem is different!

Xp drivers are slower than nvidia drivers i don’t want to give up the speed! [/B]

NVidia claims their drivers are faster. I honestly haven’t seen much of a speed difference, and at today’s processor speeds, it shouldn’t matter. Top it off with the fact that NVidia’s drivers don’t do DMA transfers properly (Microsoft’s driver does) and I’d say it’s likely that the MS IDE driver [b]is[/b] faster, and that it’s all propaganda. If you have an ATI All-In-Wonder or TV Wonder card and install their Multimedia Center software, it even warns you if you have NVidia drivers installed that DMA is not working properly and will degrade recording performance with their VCR software.

In this case, you can’t have your cake and eat it too. My system is plenty fast with the MS drivers and burns DVD’s beautifully.

I’m using the ND-2500a w/ an nForce2 ultra mobo and the nVidia drivers in win98SE, works fine for me.

I’m using the ND-2500a w/ an nForce2 ultra mobo and the nVidia drivers in win98SE, works fine for me.

Where did you get nVidia IDE drivers for Win9x? They weren’t in the 2.03 or 2.41 packages and IIRC they never released them for the Win9x platform.