Problems - Liteon DH20A4P

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DH-20A4P. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Ok so I replaced an old burner that stopp burning with this liteon dh20a4p and all was well. Well except that it stopped burn any type of DVD+r discs which really doesn’t bother me to much but if anyone know how to get it to do that it would be great. The main problem started whyen it didn’t want to burn anything anymore. It gave me a burn fail when i used nero, or sonic or power iso or any other software i was using. I finally read somewear t try to update the firmware and proceeded to do so with the 9P5P firmware update which I can’t rememebr if it actually was an update or if I was current. I rebooted when asked an everything started to burn just fine on my -R media. However now it still wouldn’t burn onto my old +R media and now it wouldn’t burn any CDR’s. At that point I said fine at least it burns something and went about my life. Once again it’s giving me trouble no matter what the media type is I’ve tried fdiffrent maunufactures of media and tryied to update the firmawar several tymes and rebooted in hopes that hey maybe it’ll let me burn just the -R media again. Can someone please help me? I’d love to get full use out of this “superallwrite” or at least let me burn a dvd, … any dvd. Here’s a few specs on my comp:

HP a1250n Pavillion
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz Socket 939
MSI MS-7184 AmethystM-GL6E Motherboard
2 gig PC3200 DDR 4X512 400MHz
XFX GeForce 8600 GTS 256 DDR3 PCI-E Video Card
1X western digital 1TB 32MB 7200 SATA HD
1X Maxtar 500GB 16MB 7200 SATA HD
1X Maxtar 320 GB 16MB 7200 HD in a usb encloure
Lite on DH20A4P burner
Unknown DVD rom manufacture
Upgraded Ultra V 400W power supply
Sceptre 19" LCD

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&docname=c00485646&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

What brand media are you trying to burn with?

Nexxtech 16X DVR-R (circuit city brand)
Nexxtech 8X DVR+RW (circuit city brand)
Memorex 4X DVD+RW
TDK 16X DVD-R
Sony DVD+R unlabeled on the disc as to it’s speed

Philips CD-R

all of these are failing

I should prolly clarify a little. When i use sonic it caluclates the speed and then says 64K burned and then it fails everytime. When I use DVD shrink I belive it uses nro for the burning and it fails. POwer iso fails as well after clicking burn. It doen;t make coasters even for sonic when it gets to 64K just an error and an ejected disc. Hope that helps.

Get the MIDS for the disks to see who manufactured them.

Can you post a log from ImgBurn and Nero?

[QUOTE=KingGnome;2152079]Nexxtech 16X DVR-R (circuit city brand)
Memorex 4X DVD+RW
TDK 16X DVD-R

Philips CD-R

all of these are failing[/QUOTE]

Most of those are crap media, and I even wonder if the Sony media is genuine. The NexxTech is the absolute worst and should be thrown in the trash. The TDK DVD-R burns horribly. The Sony media should have some indication of it’s speed rating, and if it doesn’t, it could be that it’s only 8x media and you’re burning it to fast (overspeed) or it’s fake.

Actually I use nexxtech because I’be have the least amount of problems out of any type of media i’ve ever used and it’s like 50 DVD’s for $9 dollars, palys on any player and has never given me a problem.

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2152213]Get the MIDS for the disks to see who manufactured them.[/QUOTE]

What’s a MIDS and how do I find it?

[QUOTE=KingGnome;2151967]Ok so I replaced an old burner that stopp burning with this liteon dh20a4p and all was well. Well except that it stopped burn any type of DVD+r discs which really doesn’t bother me to much but if anyone know how to get it to do that it would be great. The main problem started whyen it didn’t want to burn anything anymore. It gave me a burn fail when i used nero, or sonic or power iso or any other software i was using. I finally read somewear t try to update the firmware and proceeded to do so with the 9P5P firmware update which I can’t rememebr if it actually was an update or if I was current. I rebooted when asked an everything started to burn just fine on my -R media. However now it still wouldn’t burn onto my old +R media and now it wouldn’t burn any CDR’s. At that point I said fine at least it burns something and went about my life. Once again it’s giving me trouble no matter what the media type is I’ve tried fdiffrent maunufactures of media and tryied to update the firmawar several tymes and rebooted in hopes that hey maybe it’ll let me burn just the -R media again. Can someone please help me? I’d love to get full use out of this “superallwrite” or at least let me burn a dvd, … any dvd. Here’s a few specs on my comp:

HP a1250n Pavillion
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz Socket 939
MSI MS-7184 AmethystM-GL6E Motherboard
2 gig PC3200 DDR 4X512 400MHz
XFX GeForce 8600 GTS 256 DDR3 PCI-E Video Card
1X western digital 1TB 32MB 7200 SATA HD
1X Maxtar 500GB 16MB 7200 SATA HD
1X Maxtar 320 GB 16MB 7200 HD in a usb encloure
Lite on DH20A4P burner
Unknown DVD rom manufacture
Upgraded Ultra V 400W power supply
Sceptre 19" LCD

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&docname=c00485646&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=KingGnome;2152079]Nexxtech 16X DVR-R (circuit city brand)
Memorex 4X DVD+RW
TDK 16X DVD-R

Philips CD-R

all of these are failing[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=KingGnome;2152341]Actually I use nexxtech because I’be have the least amount of problems out of any type of media i’ve ever used and it’s like 50 DVD’s for $9 dollars, palys on any player and has never given me a problem.[/QUOTE]

you seem to contradict yourself?

[QUOTE=Albert;2152215]Can you post a log from ImgBurn and Nero?[/QUOTE]

What’s ImgBurn is that Sonic?

Here’s the log from Nero

What does Bus Type : via Inquiry data (1) -> ATAPI, detected: ATAPI
Connected to MMC as unknown drive with class-nr : 11
mean?

Log.txt (8.48 KB)

[QUOTE=troy512;2152345]you seem to contradict yourself?[/QUOTE]

Not really I know the problem is with the drive or the driver and not the media.

This is what doisplays in sonic after clicking on advanced after the error:

Sense: 03 ASC: 73 ASCQ: 03 (Command 2A)

Px.dll: 3.6.36.500
pxafs.dll: 3.6.36.500
pxdrv.dll: 1.2.5.0
PxMas.dll: 3.6.36.500
PxSFS.DLL: 3.6.36.500
PxWave.dll: 3.6.36.500
pxwma.dll: 1.0.0.3

my dvd burner died so i got a new one.

the new burner will not burn my media.

i only use crappy media.

the problem is not the media because i can buy it really cheap.

sorry :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Version of Nero is old. Needs to be updated to the latest v6.

[QUOTE=troy512;2152388]my dvd burner died so i got a new one.

the new burner will not burn my media.

i only use crappy media.

the problem is not the media because i can buy it really cheap.

sorry :slight_smile: :)[/QUOTE]

correction my old burner started making coasters i bought a new burner and it worked fine with all my media then it stopped working then i reloaded the firware and it would biurn some media. all along though it’s never made a coaster out of my uber cheap nexxtech media. now my burner won;t burn anything. yet the crappy media remains blank not coastered. must be the burner. that clarify any? :stuck_out_tongue:

Why did you reload the firmware?

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2152389]Version of Nero is old. Needs to be updated to the latest v6.[/QUOTE]

Getting version 9 something or another right now. But that still doen;t make sence. Sonic is it’s own burning software so why wouldn’t sonic work?

Sonic is ancient too!

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2152463]Sonic is ancient too![/QUOTE]

Well so is you single core processor, tiny hard drives and dated video card that can’t even play any of the current games. Do you have anything constructive to say like what media you recommend I use, what program you use to burn and rip dvd’s or expianing what the MIDS number is? and I’m well aware my computer isn’t top of the line but it plays Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3 prefectly fine… yes both are available by torrent.