Problems installing an Optiarc AD-7190A ATA on Windows Vista

vbimport

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Optiarc AD-7190A. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]when i tried to install the Optiarc AD-7190A ATAÂ on Windows Vista it sent me an error message, and it appears like installed but with errors, i am looking a site to download the driver for Windows Vista to install the DVD properly, if someone can help me i would appreciate a lot

@ artusus,

Welcome to the Forum.

You do not need any “Drivers” to install your Optiarc AD-7190A Drive. The “Drivers” are part of and contained in the Windows Vista Operating System.

It would be extremely helpful to provide the full complete untruncated error narrative and any error codes you received when attempting to install your Optiarc AD-7190A Drive.

Explain in full detail exactly what you mean by your “It Appears Like Installed But With Errors” statement.

Regards,
bjkg

So… You probably have either Nero, Roxio or ITunes installed?

Click on Start, type regedit, then right-click the regedit.exe file that shows up
at the top of the windows and choose “Run as Administrator”.
Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Control, Class
Go to the first key with the following name:
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

It should say “DVD/CD-ROM drives” behind (standard)
Then right-click the “UpperFilters” key and delete
also delete the “LowerFilters” key if it exists…

Close regedit and reboot your machine…

Everything should be fine now!

Sincerely,
DeltaRay

[QUOTE=DeltaRay;2429853]So… You probably have either Nero, Roxio or ITunes installed?

Click on Start, type regedit, then right-click the regedit.exe file that shows up
at the top of the windows and choose “Run as Administrator”.
Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Control, Class
Go to the first key with the following name:
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

It should say “DVD/CD-ROM drives” behind (standard)
Then right-click the “UpperFilters” key and delete
also delete the “LowerFilters” key if it exists…

Close regedit and reboot your machine…

Everything should be fine now!

Sincerely,
DeltaRay[/QUOTE]
[B]Should I use this procedure to fix my problem??[/B]
I have had the Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A ATA installed (it came with the PC) and working until today. After uninstalling an apparently unrelated program the hardware no longer runs when a CD or DVD is placed in the drive. It is as if the hardware is not installed or else not talking to the PC. Is this a driver problem or have I managed to somehow uninstall the hardware?
I’m at a loss as I can’t load anything without a CD/DVD player :sad:but I’m also concerned 'cos trying to delete the upper and lower filters causes a pop-up that warns of possible system instability.

Just try it.

Thanks chef
and apologies as I should have got back on here sooner:o.
I did find the support link on another thread and tried deleting the filters - having taken the precautions of making a copy of them plus creating a system retore point first. It worked!:slight_smile: