Problems in burning with NERO 6

vbimport

hi
i downloaded Nero 6 from Ahead.de and i am having some problem with burning. I was trying to burn a Data CD and after it finished 3% nero throwed this error “Burn Failed” and i changed the CD and when i tried to burn it said “HP CD 16 r Write error” and finally for the 3rd time i was able to burn.

I am using HP CD 16 r and LG CD R. I never had these kind of problems with Nero 5.5xx versions

I tried this in Both Windows ME and Windows XP OS …got the same result.

is this the problem with Nero 6 or with the media?

please hlep me on this one

thanks
Karthik

Originally posted by Karthik

I was trying to burn a Data CD and after it finished 3% nero throwed this error “Burn Failed” and i changed the CD and when i tried to burn it said “HP CD 16 r Write error” and finally for the 3rd time i was able to burn.

is this the problem with Nero 6 or with the media?

thanks BoSkin for this

regards
Karthik

You’re welcome. Also read Optimum Power Calibration ( OPC ) in my sig.

Cheers !

hi BoSkin
i dont understand even a single line from this
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=433891#post433891
one . could you please tell me what i should do to prevent from the errors that are happening /

thanks a lot
karthik

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:

1. A Firmware Update might enable the OPC on this medium
  2. Try another brand of CDR or CDRW media.
  3. Some of these symptoms can also be caused by poor power or power fluctuations.
    So try different power connectors, and for recorders, do not share power with other devices. It needs its own power connector. If this occurs with an External recorder, the power source in the chassis could be the cause. Take the recorder out of the external chassis, and make into an internal, as a test.
  4. Try different configurations, such as taking the CDROM to the Primary IDE bus as Slave, and have only the recorder connected to the Secondary IDE bus as Master.
  5. Send the recorder in for Service.

Thanks a Lot :slight_smile: