Problems Finding Blank Panasonic DVD-RAM discs

I normally buy Panasonic LM-AF120LU5 DVD-RAM blank 5 packs. These are 120 min, 4.7 GB 2~3 speed rewriteable single-sided Blank DVD Discs which I use in my Panasonic DMR-ES45V. They also are sometimes available in 10 packs and occasionally in 15 packs. I have found that usually the 5 packs are the cheapest way to buy them.

Lately, I have been unable to find the 5 or 10-packs at reasonable prices. Everyplace I normally buy them is out of stock. I have also done searches of numerous other dealers and virtually all of the reputable dealers and dealers with reasonable product and shipping prices are out of stock.

I have managed to find a few places still selling them but I would have to pay 35% - 40% higher for them than I have been used to paying. The merchants I normally buy them from say their shortage is only temporary but I don’t know what to believe.

So…does anyone know what the deal is with these and why they are so hard to find? Is there any other brand that is equally good in quality, cheaper and easier to find that I can use in their place? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

It would help, if you tell us where in the world you are located.

I live in the Washington, DC area, USA.

Best and often cheapest source is Panasonic itself, via their online store and shopper’s club. Maxell 3x RAM is usually Panasonic as well.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=CDan;2284749]Best and often cheapest source is Panasonic itself, via their online store and shopper’s club. Maxell 3x RAM is usually Panasonic as well.[/QUOTE]

Well, I checked both Panasonic’s web site and Panasonic’s Shoppers Club and both places say that the product is not available direct from Panasonic. They seem to have the same availability problems that I have been finding with the online dealers. Makes me wonder if they may have stopped making them.

I’m still checking out the Maxells but so far, they seem considerably more expensive than the Panasonics.

[QUOTE=Tumbleweed1;2284894]Well, I checked both Panasonic’s web site and Panasonic’s Shoppers Club and both places say that the product is not available direct from Panasonic. They seem to have the same availability problems that I have been finding with the online dealers. Makes me wonder if they may have stopped making them.

I’m still checking out the Maxells but so far, they seem considerably more expensive than the Panasonics.[/QUOTE]

Other sources of the Panasonic 3x media might be Fuji and others. In fact, most of the name brand 3x is Panasonic in the USA. Check Crutchfield and Amazon.