Problems EMTEC DVD+R DL

Hi I bought some EMTEC DVD+R DL DVD’s to make some xbox360 backups. But the disks are hard to read on my xbox or totally not. I used a writing speed of 2x , 2,4x. My burner is a plextor PX-608AL. I did a scan in Nero here are the results.:

I burned some mediarange DVD+R DL dvd’s for a friend some time ago, they all work perfect. The EMTEC’s and MEDIARANGE’s have the same mediacode.
RICOHJPND05

Are these disks bad or what? I know verbatim is the best but they are pretty expensive too.

What regards dual layer recordable media only Verbatim dvd+r dl give good results. Buying others are a waste of money.

Some are also trying out some Falcon dvd+r dl discs, but it seems that the results are not consistent.

Hi,

Emtec is not known for selling quality media.

Michael

OK but why do the mediaranges work and the emtecs not?

[QUOTE=Timonator;2303816]OK but why do the mediaranges work and the emtecs not?[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Mediarange were from a better quality batch.

Did you try to do some PI/PO error scans on some of the discs?

When I am in PlexTools Professional it say the drive does not support a PI/PO test.

[QUOTE=Timonator;2303827]When I am in PlexTools Professional it say the drive does not support a PI/PO test.[/QUOTE]

It does not work because your drive is actually a rebadged Pioneer OEM drive.

Maybe you have a LiteOn dvd writer?
A LiteOn can perform PI/PO scans with Nero DiscSpeed.

I am testing now with a LITE-ON drive

Here are the results:

I do not know if these are good or bad results.

[QUOTE=Timonator;2304532]Here are the results:

I do not know if these are good or bad results.[/QUOTE]

Those PI errors (PIEs) are too high, especially on the second layer of that disc. The maximum PIE should not exceed 280. In addition, there are a couple of PIF spikes which reach into the hundreds. That is simply a bad disc (or more likely a bad burn).

buy some verbs, just ignore the made in india stuff

The scans show the reason why you’re having trouble to read those disc.

Use only Verbatim dvd+r dl media, only those give good results.

[QUOTE=Timonator;2303816]OK but why do the mediaranges work and the emtecs not?[/QUOTE]

What “does work” mean in this case??

Simple rule: Crap in - crap out.

The internet shop where I bought them from is going to test some discs to see if they are bad. Hope their tests result in some bad results then I am going defenetly for the Verbatim discs. I will try to read the other backups and see if they have familiar errors.

What is the mediacode of Emtect DVD+DL can you give it to me?

[QUOTE=angela20;2308316]What is the mediacode of Emtect DVD+DL can you give it to me?[/QUOTE]

fake RICOHJPN D01

Thnx for info, I will sent a P.M to the shop were the sell those DVD’s.

[QUOTE=angela20;2308359]Thnx for info, I will sent a P.M to the shop were the sell those DVD’s.[/QUOTE]

Do you think they would not sell them anymore?! No way.