Problems DVD burn AD-7560a

vbimport

hi this is my first post although i’ve looked in now and again to solve some problems, but now, i need to ask a question and hope somebody can help

i just got a new ACER notebook 5620z with optiarc DVD RW AD-7560a running under vista.

when i try to burn DVD .iso , it comes with a write error at the very end of the process every time. i’m using verbatim -R DVDs. i’ve googled the problem and got indications of similar problems that others are having, but there’s no solution :frowning:

as i understand it, there are no drivers other than the standard vista drivers. in one of the posts was the suggestion to use other IDE drivers, but i don’t really know why or how to choose the right one.

i’ve tried 3 different programs to burn, but it’s always the same. the acer backup program, though, could burn 2 of the same DVDs with the eRecovery program!

if anybody can give some help to solve this i would be very happy.

What speed have you used?

Can you pst a logfile?

here’s a log. the NTI was delivered with the system.

all programs will only let me burn at 8x. i have no option to lower the burn speed in the menu.

========== BEGIN OF LOG ==========

NTI CD & DVD Maker 7.7.0.23 (SKU-22510238888)

Processor Architecture: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.60GHz
Processor Level: 6
Microsoft Windows version 6.0 (Build 6000)
Memory in use: 67%
Total physical memory: 1038 MB
Total free physical memory: 337 MB
Total paging file: 2333 MB
Total free paging file: 931 MB
Total virtual memory: 2097 MB
Total free virtual memory: 1927 MB

Source CD Information:
Total Blocks (Disc Size) = 2186041
Session 1: DVD-ROM
Track 1: Mode 1; LBA = 0; PreGap = 0; Length = 2186041; Block Size = 2048

CD-Reader: MI3050W SCW233S (F:)
Firmware Version: 1.01
Read Speed: Maximum = 4x, Current = 4x

CD-Recorder: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560A (E:)
Firmware Version: DX06
Write Method: Disc-At-Once
Close Disc: Yes
Leave Session Open: No

Copy CD: from image file
Disc Media: DVD-R
Free Disc Blocks: 2297888
Test: Yes
Write Speed: 8x
Copy CD Text: No

Copy CD: from image file
Disc Media: DVD-R
Free Disc Blocks: 2297888
Test: No
Write Speed: 8x
Copy CD Text: No

Error Code: 1014
CDB: 43 00 00 00 00 00 AA 00 0C 00 00 00
SenseKey:00 ASC:00 ASCQ:00

========== END OF LOG ==========

Grab imgburn.
Don’t perform a copy on the fly first, but normal burning.

HEY! sorry it took so long getting back. i always hate it when people get help in forums and don’t take the time to shout back a thanks, so

:clap: THANKS !! :clap:

i don’t really know what imgburn did, but it apparently kicked whatever-was-not-jiving in the bottom, and now, even deep burner works (which didn’t before the imgburn installation) now i get the prompt for all speeds - i burn everything at 4x and haven’t had any problems since!

kudos @ Chef !

your thankful,

CrispyDisk

Yeah, Imgburn is the Best!

Kudos to LUK!

HI!!

Do you have the file with the original firmware, for your notebook Acer? I have just flashed with a non acer firmware and I have had errors since that moment, burning some dvd’s.

I remembered that the firmware Version was: DX06.

And my drive model as the same as yours: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560A.

Thank you for your help!

[quote=jvg637;2070365]HI!!

Do you have the file with the original firmware, for your notebook Acer? I have just flashed with a non acer firmware and I have had errors since that moment, burning some dvd’s.

I remembered that the firmware Version was: DX06.

And my drive model as the same as yours: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560A.

Thank you for your help![/quote]

well, i’ll make you a deal … you tell me where i can find it and i’ll tell you if i have it :cool:

seriously, let me know how to extract it or whatever and it’s yours - i haven’t updated any firmware

crispy

btw, i’m canning vista and downgrading to xp - after 3 months vista is pretty sucky for my purposes

hey, i want to ask some question. i’m kind a confused. can my optiarc ad-7560a burn dual layer? if i can, what software do i use? can i use power iso or nero? reply to me quick…