Problems downloading from cdcovers.cc / VPN

Hi, I am having problems downloading covers from the cdcovers.cc when connected to the internet through my office’s VPN network. When I click on the download button, it just shows a red cross intead of the screen image of the picture. I have tried deleted all the temp files in internet explorer - still did not work.
However, when I disconnected from the VPN, all is fine. I never had this problem before, even when connected to the internet via VPN. I am sure it’s something to do with the VPN setting.

Help !!

When you connect through a VPN tunnel to your company, by default all Internet traffic will be sent through that tunnel instead of through your local Internet connection.

Perhaps the firewall or a proxy server at your company is blocking some of the cdcovers.cc pages?

It’s possible to change a VPN connection so that Internet traffic doesn’t pass through it by default, but this will only work if the network topology at your company is very simple with all the servers you need to access being on the same LAN as the VPN gateway, or by performing some additional steps in setting up network routing tables on your PC. If you don’t know what that means or how to do it, then it’s far too risky to attempt doing it based on somebody else’s explanations.

Thanks DM for the quick reply. I will have a quiet chat with my mates at IT tomorrow. My PC is a laptop which I plug into the network whilst I am at the office, and all internet traffic is routed through a gateway/server overseas. All other computers in the office [including desktops which have do not need VPN] have to go through this gateway to access the internet. So what I do not understand is why it does not affect them ? Will try to find out tomorrow.

I found out that cd covers is currently working with internet exployer 7 and firefox. Internet exployer 6 was working before but some problems prevent it from working now. They are working on the problem and hopefully it will be resolved. I upgraded my windows XP to Internet Exployer 7 and CD Covers works great. You that are using Win 98 will have to wait for the problem to be resolved. As of 11/17/08

[QUOTE=JOEBIZ;2159115]I found out that cd covers is currently working with internet exployer 7 and firefox. Internet exployer 6 was working before but some problems prevent it from working now. They are working on the problem and hopefully it will be resolved. I upgraded my windows XP to Internet Exployer 7 and CD Covers works great. You that are using Win 98 will have to wait for the problem to be resolved. As of 11/17/08[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum joebiz

Did you notice that the posts regarding problems were from a year and a half past.

Yes kipper, i did notice. However, there is a current problem and the reason i mentioned in case anyone might be wanting to know what is going on. That is why i commented in “problem accessing cdcovers”

I can’t get to it right now with IE6, and I checked this thread to find out why. Thanks, Joe! :wink: