Problems Copying Troy

I have had trouble playing my backup DVD movie of Troy.

Firstly, the way I backup all my movies is I rip only the movie file out, then I take out all submenu and foreign languages. Basically, in the end I have only the Movie file and a 5.1dts surround sound audio file… Thats it!!!

I use DVD Shrink or in some cases DVDDecrypter or DVDFabDecrypter bundled with DVD Shrink. In this particular case, I used DVDFabDecrypter and DVDDecrypter because the protection could not be surpassed otherwise.

The DVD I used to backup onto was a Vertbatim DVD DL 9.5GB disc, as they seem to be the best. My scan was great, I scanned with K-Probe. And the Media Dye was the typical Mitsubishi used as always.

The movie was burned on my NEC 3500 (2.TC) which does a great with these discs and was burned at 2.4x.

I tried this and the movie will play on my PC with any software but will not play in my DVD player, it will just say that it is reading the disc and then “STOP” will display, and thats just about all there is to it.

I have successfully played Verbatim DL discs on this player before with full movie rips and partial rips as well.

I tried several burns on different Verbatim batches and nothing worked.

In further experiment, I did a fully compressed burn onto a regular 4.7GB Sony TY(02) disc and that played just fine.
I also did a FULL backup of this movie with menu’s and all to a verbatim DL disc and it was unable to play either.

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this, any suggestions as to what it can be?

I suspect it is the encoding engine of DVDSrink and this particular movie which is simply not liked my by player, I can try CloneDVD to see if it makes any difference but I do not want to keepwasting my DL discs, they are quite pricey after all.

Please post any feedback or suggestions. TIA.

I am surprised decryptor would burn this at all with the meathod you are using as you are removing the layerbreak with dvdfab decryptor to achieve this using dvdfab as you decryptor use imgburn ver 2 wich will insert a working layerbreak for you

I used DVDDec for ISO read & write and it worked. I was able to play the DVD in Full, but IU cant cut the fat off of it as I normally like to do.

[update]
looks like CloneDVD managed to make the copy I want. I still suspect it was just a freakish combo that my DVD Player didn’t like the encode done by DVDShrink on this one. I have to date encountered this for the first time ever, and I have for self purposes, friends whom do not have DVD burners and needed backups, and just for experimental reasons copied well over 200 DVD’s to date.

I used DVDDec for ISO read & write and it worked. I was able to play the DVD in Full, but IU cant cut the fat off of it as I normally like to do.[QUOTE].

I used DVDFabDecrypter and DVDDecrypter because the protection could not be surpassed otherwise. [QUOTE]

Your not making much sense here first you say you needed fab now you say you used dvddecryptor by itself if you want to reathor the disc then rip with shrink and burn with imgburn

[QUOTE=rayw]

I used DVDDec for ISO read & write and it worked. I was able to play the DVD in Full, but IU cant cut the fat off of it as I normally like to do.I used DVDFabDecrypter and DVDDecrypter because the protection could not be surpassed otherwise.

Your not making much sense here first you say you needed fab now you say you used dvddecryptor by itself if you want to reathor the disc then rip with shrink and burn with imgburn

It means Shrink alone could not do it, hope that clarifies.

This was a movie I hadn’t backed up yet, so I tried it out. I ran into a problem with DVDShrink, too–it kept hanging during the initial analysis when I loaded the mounted DVDD iso. Here’s what worked in my case:

Started AnyDVD.
Ripped the DVD in file mode w/ DVDD.
Killed AnyDVD.
Loaded the files into Shrink, sliced off the extras, created new VOBs without preserving the LB.
Loaded the new files with PcgEdit, let it correct the VTS_1 file Shrink messes up on DL discs, and padded the space between IFOs/BUPs .
Built a new ISO with ImgBurn v2 (disabled 32K IFO/BUP padding for now), let it pick one of two “very good” LB positions, and burned it to MKM-001.

Ouch. Looking back, that seems way convoluted. It played from start to finish in our standalone, though.