Problems Copying The Matrix

Have latest versions of AnyDVD, CloneDVD2, Shrink and DVDDecrypter, copied the 2nd 2 matrix movies but am unable to copy the first. ANYDVD seems to think it is ok, CloneDVD reads, then when processing to write it hangs up with unexpected error around 46%… so I tried copying files to disk with DVDDecrypter, they copy fine with no errors, when I try to write with CloneDVD same error… So, I thought maybe it was the disk, went and got another copy of The Matrix, tried it and got exact same results. Running XP2 with pioneer 110D with latest firmware upgrade… also the disk is Region 4.
Any help would be appreciated.

It would help if you tell us what error you got?

from clonedvd2

unexected error
please be sure that all input files are present and they represent a properly mastered dvd… if you are confident that this error should not happen please check for newer version of clonedvd or report to bugs@elby.ch

However, if i copy the files to hard drive first using dvddecrypter or dvdclone when i go to write it gets to about 46% and gives error stating invalid memory location

Bad original disc. Try cleaning it and seeing if that helps.

The original Matrix had a LOT of convoluted structures on it. It was regarded as THE litmus test of backup software at that time. Nowadays? I’m not surprised support has slipped.

My advice? See if DVD Shrink will handle it.

AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 handle the Matrix just fine.

tried Shrink on it, gets error pretty quicky when trying to read the disk, saying mad memory location… then a friend suggested i tried nero instead if dvdclone2 with anydvd running… nero gave a different error, after reading the entire disk in it ask for a blank dvd… but said it was too big to fit on the dvd… oh well this is all just extra information at this point for anyone, since i have decided I wasted enough time trying to copy this movie, i’ll spend the $10 to buy another copy instead.

No problems with Anydvd and Clonedvd 2 for me . . .

As someone else stated, you have a bad original disc.

Dragging and dropping the video_ts folder using Windows Explorer only may produce better results (with Anydvd running in the background). If you are able to do so successfully, try using clonedvd2 (or whatever program you prefer) to process the video_ts folder.

I have the same problem also. Using Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum with AnyDVD running and without it. get about 50 minutes into it, and the process just completes (ends). in chapter mode (38 chapters), chapters 18,19,21,22 are 1k unreadable files. the other chapters are fine.

Tried AnyDVD and CloneDVDMobile. gets about same amount (around halfway) into the rip and conversion, then get:
File 1 D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_3.VOB 23 TCSectorReader
and
data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Interesting that DVD Decrypter says “none” for copy protection. so, it must be something weird.

bad disc