Problems copying new DVDs with DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter

vbimport

I haven’t been able to copy alot of new dvds coming out recently with DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter? DVD Shrink often says something about a redundant cyclic error or an invalid structure. Sometimes I can use DVD Decrypter when this happens but the file i get from that is too large to fit on a normal DVD and I have to use a dual layer dvd. Today I tried burning Hostel and neither program worked. Any suggestions on other software to use? Or I do I just have some of my program settings set wrong? Help!

Try CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD. You can download a free trial from www.slysoft.com to see if they suit your needs.

Alternatively, you can try DVDFab Decrypter - a free option.

:slight_smile:

Welcome to the club.
DVD Decrypter is no longer supported and soon in its present form will be of no use (although there is a plug-in that helps). You could use DVDfab decrypter which is also free as is free DVD. A quick search with goggle will find them for you.
Regards.

These do not work either. I have all three types of software and when I see that error the original poster mentioned none of the software i have work. there must be a new version of something out there to get around the new encryption techniques they are using now. Any one know what to use??

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Do you updated to latest versions? These softwares are continuously evolving to cope with latest releases of copy protections.

They dont support DVD Shrink any more do they? I thought that they cracked down on it and you cant get it anymore?? I will check if there is an updated version of it.

DVD shrink is not developed anymore. The author now works for nero, and the “new version” of shrink is called “nero recode”. You must buy nero to have it.

With the latest versions it should work very well.

I have found, although not used enough yet, a new freeware file shink program called “FilmShrink 0.3.1 Beta”. If this develops properly then we may have a worthy DVD shrink replacement.

I didnt think there was any updates for DVD shrink or Any DVD from Slysoft. If there are please supply a link. I will search more tonight when i get home. I also have tried DVD decryptor with no luck.

There is no new version of dvdshrink i think the last one was 3.2.0.15 and anydvd you could get from slysoft’s site also dvdfabdecrypter from dvdidle’s site.

I just downloaded that version. I will go home tonight and verify i have that one running or if i need to Update it. Thanks!!

The latest anydvd can handle Hostel and I have even heard that dvd fab decrypter can do it to.

Good luck

I downloaded and installed DVDFAB and it work with Hostel. I used the platinum version in case any one is interested.

thats good. thats sad dvd decrypter was so easy to use. gosh <3 it

I haven’t been able to copy alot of new dvds coming out recently with DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter? DVD Shrink often says something about a redundant cyclic error or an invalid structure. Sometimes I can use DVD Decrypter when this happens but the file i get from that is too large to fit on a normal DVD and I have to use a dual layer dvd. Today I tried burning Hostel and neither program worked. Any suggestions on other software to use? Or I do I just have some of my program settings set wrong? Help!

this is how i get around this - first i rip with dvd decrypter then i mount the image to a virtual drive (demone tools) then i use dvd shrink to get it to the proper size ect… then burn with dvd decrypter . works great !

i have dvd shrink and dvd fab decryter plus nero but yet still cant burn sony and buena vista dvds.can i do it with the programs i have and if i cant what program will.

I tried to burn Hostel, with Clonedvd2 and Anydvd, it didnt work, and i have found 3 other movies that have the new protection on them that i couldnt burn. Can someone please help me get around the new copy protection, it really sucks!!!

I know their have been a lot of discussions and threads involving this topic. Let me explain it to you so it is very simple to do. I just burned Hostel a few nights ago and have also burned Fun with Dick and Jane and all the other DVDs people are having problems with. First, I use DVD Shrink…doesn’t matter what version, and a program called DVD Region Free + CSS. You can find this program at www.dvdidle.com. It is a free trial and works perfectly. THis program works the same as Any DVD. Once it is installed it will run in the background. You will see the icon in the system tray in the bottom right hand corner of your screen. After you open the program…use the default settings…then open DVD Shrink and use Shrink as you would normally. It works every time!! Good luck!

Umm, it’s really simple. You said that DVD Decrypter works right? So decrypt it using DVD Decrypter then open the disk image using DVD Shrink. You can then shrink them to fit on your 4.7 GB DVD. Sigh It does say that in the instructions…somewhere I think.