Problems copying new Bridget Jones Movie - Edge of Reason

vbimport

Unable to copy Bridget Jones - Edge of Reason released yesterday 3/22/05, receive error:

Program Chain Table: End address 0 doesn’t match table size 308
(C:\Workplace|IOF\U_IFO.pas, line 4346)

After that, CopyToDVD shows “building media structures” - let run for a couple of hours before canceling - because it seemed to show no progress.
Stopped & started PC - to no avail.

Using 1ClickDVD Copy and
AnyDVD 4.6.3.1
status shows On: 2, Off: 0, Empty 0

(I WAS able to copy Finding Netherland also release yesterday without incident)

:eek:

Can you try other programs? might not be as simple, but give it a try

1. Rip to hard drive using DVD Decrypter version 3.5.4.0. then process with other programs.
  2. Just a try, might not work, DVD Shrink V3.2

Both freeware.

(ALso, please give more details on the DVD, such as region, format, UPC, etc)

I used anydvd and clonedvd2 to copy Bridget Jones without any problem,make sure you are using decent media,also check original dvd is in good condition so that you get the best read possible.

I made backups of Bridget jones, finding neverland, and Fat Albert yesterday with no problems using CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD.

Are you using the latest version of CopytoDVD? I think they just released a new version a few days ago didnt they?

I can decrypt using dvd decrypter, but I’ve run out of time today - out of town until Monday - will try figuring out how to copy the decrypted video then. Thanks for everyone’s help. :bow:

I was able to make a backup of the movie using the most up-2-date CloneDVD2 and anydvd. Not sure what problems you may have run into.

I’m having a problem too…states having CRC errors. Using CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD newest versions.

When I get these weird type of issues like CRC errors, I tend to drop to a dos box and use robocopy to copy the entire video_ts folder to my hard drive. Then run CloneDVD2 on that. Notice I said robocopy, not windows explorer(which, IMO, sucks for copying large files). Robocopy has retry capability and was designed to copy large files over sucky network connections. I’ve found that in combination with AnyDVD it does a nice job on tricky DVD’s. It’s just a thought, anyway…

I use vobblanker to process the ones that I get crc errors on w/ anydvd and clonedvd2. Then I use clonedvd to trancode …has worked everytime so far.

I copied Bridget Jones Edge of Reason using DVD Shrink alone, disable Any DVD as they both do the same job, if that dos’nt work follow next steps.
Download free trial of Slysoft Any DVD 4.6.3.1 and let it run in the background, I then used a programme called VobBlanker version 1.6.0.6 and processed Layer Cake which is Sony protected, and VobBlanker sure ripped it with no problems.
Once files processed run through DVD Shrink and burn.
I have copied The Forgotten, Layer Cake, Resident Evil 2 and Little Black Book using this method all of which are Sony ARccOS Protected.
Using DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 would decrypt but unable to compress with shrink afterwards.
I burn using a Lite-On 1633s Dual Layer 16x writer, but use Traxdata x8 DVD-R
discs burning at 4x, very compatible in most DVD players but check compatability with your own writer first.

Im trying to dub finding neverland. Im having problems shrinking it…DVDShrink is stopping…I am trying DVDFab and then shrink to see if it will burn onto disk…any ideas??? Thanks

@ LindaLoveLee,

Suggest visiting SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and download the latest versions of AnyDVD-CloneDVD.

If after using that latest version of AnyDVD-CloneDVD you continue to have problems please return to the Forum and Forum members will attempt to provide assistance. You have posted to thread that is 2 1/2 months old. Suggest that if you continue to have problems open a new posting and provide pertinent information explaining your problem.

Best Regards,
bjkg