Problems copying DVDs to blank disc

vbimport

Hi, everyone. I am somewhat technically savvy but, haven’t done much in the way of copying/burning DVDs. I am trying to copy my fitness DVDs to a blank disc so I have an extra copy of each. I am using Roxio Creator DE which came with the Dell Vostro 1000 I am using that is about 2 years old. I RARELY USE THE DVD player.

Some of the DVDs I haven’t been able to copy right off the bat because they have some type of restriction. For 3, it has worked fine but, now I am getting a repeating "Please insert a blank or rewriteable DVD Dl. I am using TDK DVD +R and have 100 discs so, I know with the exception of the 3 that did work that the rest can’t be bad…at least I hope not.

Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I can suggest an easier procedure for these backups :slight_smile:

First of all, download and install ImgBurn (it is one of the best and [B]free[/B] burning software). Yep, I know that you already have Roxio, but ImgBurn is better :wink:

Then, run ImgBurn and select the Read mode. Insert an original disc on the drive, and then press the start button. If the original disc has no protection, ImgBurn will start the copy. If you get an error because or some protections on the original disc, then you need to install another software to remove these protections.

Another free software is DVDFab Decrypter. Download and install it, then use it to copy the original DVD on your hard disk.

Once you have the original DVD copied in your HDD, you can use ImgBurn to burn files on a blank DVD :slight_smile:

Please insert a blank or rewriteable [B][U]DVD Dl[/U][/B]

If I am reading this correctly it is asking for a dual layer disc and you are using only single layers. Buy some verbatim dual layer disc and you will be fine.

[QUOTE=bean55;2485750]If I am reading this correctly it is asking for a dual layer disc and you are using only single layers. Buy some verbatim dual layer disc and you will be fine.[/QUOTE]

oops I missed that detail :o

Or you can DL DVDShrink and shrink the disc to fit on a single layer disc.

I also would recommend Imgburn as a burning program as geno has

Thank you so much for the quick responses and great information. I feel like I have received quite an education in just 5 minutes! :bow:

I will download Imgburn for copying going forward and now I know there is another animal called Dual Layer so, I will get some of those babies and it sounds like I should be set!

Much obliged!:bigsmile:

You are welcome :smiley:

Let us know if you solved :bigsmile:

Save time and money and use only Verbatim +R DL. Try to find the made in Singapore ones if you can.

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2485823]Save time and money and use only Verbatim +R DL. Try to find the made in Singapore ones if you can.[/QUOTE]

:iagree: :iagree:

As I said in Post # 3

[U]Buy some verbatim dual layer disc[/U] and you will be fine.
Otherwise you may be back here asking why it did not work :smiley: