Problems copying Battlefield 1942

I tryed to burn Battlefield 1942 using Alcohol and Safedisc 2/3 selected and when I placed the disc in the computer stated “Please insert correct disc in drive and press enter”. I also had this problem when burning with Clone CD also. Could it be that my burner is too old, I think it was purchased in 2002 and it is an LG (can’t be sure of model number).

I also have a LG GSA-4163B DVD recorder, would anyone know if that would be more successfull to burn these programs? What is the best solution to this problem?

Thank You

:doh:

It wasn’t the burner or program, it was my fault. :o I had not selected hide CDR media in the clonecd tray, It looks like the copies work.

:smiley:

[B]Hello my new friends. I have a new DVD 16 Speed Daul/Layer burner. top brand.
I used CloneCD, and Blindwrite to copy battlefield 1942, after copy completed. with no errors, I put the disk in the drive and the game said "please insert the correct disk in the drive and restart.

Please help

With NO errors? There should be a lot of read errors, because that is the way the protection (Safedisc) works. Are you sure you tried to make a copy of the original disk?
If the protection can’t find the errors it will prompt you to insert the correct disk.

I am making a new copy right now as we speak, using CloneCD

Someone said they used the Hide Media section in CloneCd. I have not seem any section about “Hide Media” in clonecd

The new copy from clonecd did not work. please advise!

CloneCD is probably blacklisted by the protection.

I used Games X Copy it worked great for me.